1995 Cadillac Eldorado Consumer Review: Burns oil

1995 Cadillac Eldorado - Consumer Review

Touring Coupe (4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic)

Burns oil
By Ron Faria on

1995 Cadillac Eldorado Touring 2dr Coupe

Car is fast, reliable, economical and fun to drive. I think that its styling is still is better looking than any car in the market place even today. We still get a lot of compliments about it. Problem, the north star engine is notorius for burning oil. Most dealers wont admit it but I have talked with many northstar owners and they all tell stick and have to be cleaned out by their special process but at a cost of $450.00. It worked pretty well but now it gets 900 miles per quart. I was told that another cleaning will do the job. Now that is $900.00 to take care of a problem that shouldnt happen in the first place .

Handles well, is very fast, good fuel consumption. Between 26-28 miles per gallon. Excellent styling features, very dependable.

Had a paint peeling problem on bumpers that factory would not repair, Driver side arm reast tear , I hear this is a common problem from other owners. I dont think the quality is up to Cadillac standards. I hear they are now improving.