1992 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.9L V8 4-speed Automatic - (15 reviews )
New-Found Love
By cadiqueen on 05/01/11 17:42 PM (PDT)

1992 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought my '92 Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe at an auto auction a little over a month ago for a few hundred dollars. It wasn't my first choice, but I am so glad that I bought it. Best purchase ever. It has it's issues- I've replaced two tires, the exhaust manifold, the instrument panel and the glove box latch. All parts were gotten cheap. Whomever had this car took very good care of it. Mechanically, it is perfect. The leather interior is almost perfect and it drives like a dream. I plan on having this car for as long as it will stay alive. I recommend this car to anyone, especially parents buying for a new driver. Very solid, safe car.

I Love My '92 Eldo
By Caset on 04/10/10 12:47 PM (PDT)

1992 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

I've driven over 30,000 west coast miles. Really enjoy driving this car. It makes me smile and often laugh every time I walk up to it. Such a great streamlined look! I agree its the only car that looks like its moving when it's sitting still. So sexy and elegant. Replaced drivers window motor and recently have been tracking an electrical weirdness. Replaced the starter/battery but still sometimes clicks instead of starting. Haven't been able to figure it out. Speakers were going on and off then smelled electrical so don't use it. The a/c goes on and off sometimes when I go over bumps so there's some wiring with bad connects. I still love it and am keeping it for now.

dependable and sturdy
By amii on 10/19/09 12:16 PM (PDT)

1992 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

my eldorado is rock solid. i had an accident in it with a f250 and my father got the body of the car fixed and it runs like it was never wrecked. i haave test driven newer cars and can't find much to match the strength of my el dorado. it even has decent gas mileage for a cadillac.

Reliable Classic
By Road Queen on 12/30/08 19:16 PM (PST)

1992 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

Gracious, old-fashioned Italianesque (Pininfarina's spirit?) beauty with a classic flair. The handling is very precise and feels crisp and agile -- with quick response of a spiffy little sports car, but with all the safety benefits of a big heavy car. The car is extremely comfortable to drive. The seats are thick and firm and this helps me feel less tired after long trips. I have the sports analog gauge. Still runs on original transmission and 4.9L V8. Past repairs:air suspension, some worn original gaskets & seals, oil pump. Planned:a/c compressor, struts. Otherwise maintenance. I love that pulling trouble codes is built right into the controls. Overall a good, reliable car over the years.

Prettiest pile of junk I ever owned
By bob on 12/16/08 16:22 PM (PST)

1992 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

This is a beautiful car but that beauty is only skin deep. Below the skin is a mechanical junk pile of the poorest engineeering I have ever seen and I am an engineer. I thought I was buying the ultimate in American automotive engineering. In 110,000 miles I have gone thru 3 alternators, 4 water pumps, at least 5 serpentine belts, one catalytic converter and numerous failures to pass smog tests. The drivers side window does not operate properly. The radio, Bose system, is all snap, crackle and pop. Oh, and now the drivers side view mirror does not work, and the heater has given up. Like I said, it is the prettiest pile of junk I have ever owned.

Great Car
By Adam Sullivan on 10/21/05 02:38 AM (PDT)

1992 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this car with 125,000 miles on the odometer and have put over 20,000 more miles on it since I purchased it less than a year ago and the car has been great. It's powerful, reliable, comfortable, and good looking. Its fuel economy isn't great, but the 4.9 engine has been very solid. I am particulary amazed at the build quality. The car still has the original a/c and it blows as cold as ice. I would recommend this car to anyone.

Car salesmen's review
By cadillacthrills on 12/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

The designers of the 1992 cadillac eldorado saw into the future. The crisp rectangular styling of rear end is just now being picked up by manuafatures like BMW and Daimler-Chrysler. Drivers and passengers will confuse the 1992's interior for that of a much newer car. The Eldorado borrows much of its classy, yet agressive, styleing from the Pininfarina designed Allante. As far as mechanical dependability the car is average to below average. Most note worthy are problems with the transmission and air ride suspension. I feel they are an even trade off for the car's style and comfort.

Eldorado for looks and performance
By P RUSSELL on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

One of very few vehicles that just look like it is in motion (57 Chev, 92 and up Eldo) while it is standing still. The previous owner rear-ended a car on the freeway and was fixed at a Cadillac dealer. It looks great for an 11 year old car. It is a real pleasure to drive, being very responsive and handles great. It is a touring coupe. A must-own for me from the first model I saw.

1992 cadillac eldorado
By Jose Castaneda on 12/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

I been driving eldorado (w/ 64000 miles) over 2 months and is been a lot of fun. I like the eldorado so much that i just purchase anoht one for my son. My son wants mine any i will keep the new one (only 57000 miles). The price of 92 eldorados are going down and there is the perfect time to buy them while they last.

1992 cadillac eldorado
By houston1953 on 11/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

I just bought a 92 eldo w/ 64,570 miles. Repairs:replace motor mount and serpentine belt.