I love it - I hate it
By on
1991 Cadillac Eldorado 2dr Coupe
Have always loved the styling of the Cadillacs of this era, it's longer hood, shorter rear and wide stance give it a distinctive feature not found often anymore. It offers decent ride quality, good gas mileage for a full size car, excellent power from the 4.9L engine . The tranny is probably the smoothest tranny I have ever had the pleasure to experience, whether it is cruising or mashing the throttle to pass on the highway. Fuel economy is 17MPG where I drive city/highway, but more highway would yield up to 24MPG from what I have seen - thanks to the OD.
Favorite Features
Power, power, power from the 4.9L engine. This car still has style and turns heads when clean. Mine is gold in color, and few sharper except for the all white Caddy's. Good trunk space, but interior back seats hard to get in and out of, but once in plenty of room.
Suggested Improvements
Problems abound unfortunately. Auto headlights-park lights don't know whether to come on or stay on/off. Front end noise probably bad shock, or strut - which leads me to say front struts/shocks are dealer ONLY item and cost around $300 per side! ABS brakes don't work right.