Used 1991 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eldorado model:

Fanatic.
By Riley

1991 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

The car has been an up and down for me, but overall amazing. When i first got the car EVERYTHING broke on me. Power steering pump, all new pulleys, new muffler, stereo shot out, new starter, and new ignition. But not because of the quality, but someone decided to leave it sit for 6 years without even turning it on. So it sat for way too long but now runs wonderful. I love every bit of this car, its extremely peppy. I have the touring coupe (1 of 900) and it is awesome.

The lights, onboard computer, and the pull down trunk.

Just a little more horsepower, and a little less use on the gas.

Cadillac is Cadillac
By StJust

1991 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

I love this car. I bought it 2 months ago but I love every bit of it. Its pearl white and its an amazing car that commands respect. So far every car mechanic who have seen it asked which year it was and if I'm passing through a small street, opposing cars park on the side giving me a way to go, EVERYTIME! Of course its an 18 years old car that needs to be taken care of but its a pure classic car and it's worth it! I hate to see all these people taking a classic car and turning it into an auto-clown by installing 22" rims, etc, and that's why I'm keeping it classic.

I love the seats and how comfortable they are. I love the sound of the engine, the power of it too. I love the pearl white color of it, the emblem on the hood. Simply I just love it

Well maybe a few improvements on the section between the passenger and the driver's seats needs to be re-designed. Maybe give me more cup holders and give me a place to keep my phone, ipod or other devices.

1991 Touring Coupe
By Gar

1991 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this car from a private owner (2nd) he used it it travel from SC to IL once or twice a year. I used it the same way, from SC to NY a few times a year. It gets 27 mpg for me. It has lots of power, is fun to drive, and handles great.

The power and looks!

Hey it's 16 years old..more cup holders?

Good car, but get a warranty.
By cdoggown

1991 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

This car has been extremely well taken care of, even though bought used at a dealership, it was evident that the previous owner loved it. I have had it a little over two years, and while most of those were problem free, I do ned to note that the aftermarket extended warranty I paid for at the dealership paid itself off.

Ilove the looks I get when the car is clean and shiny. Mine is red with a black vinyl top and black leather seats. The external style is fantastic and the inside is clean and stylish.

The internal paneling does not pull apart easily, and the car is constructed strangely below the surface compared to others I have owned which turned installing aftermarket stereo equipment from a one day job to a three week job.

I love it - I hate it
By

1991 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe 2dr Coupe

Have always loved the styling of the Cadillacs of this era, it's longer hood, shorter rear and wide stance give it a distinctive feature not found often anymore. It offers decent ride quality, good gas mileage for a full size car, excellent power from the 4.9L engine . The tranny is probably the smoothest tranny I have ever had the pleasure to experience, whether it is cruising or mashing the throttle to pass on the highway. Fuel economy is 17MPG where I drive city/highway, but more highway would yield up to 24MPG from what I have seen - thanks to the OD.

Power, power, power from the 4.9L engine. This car still has style and turns heads when clean. Mine is gold in color, and few sharper except for the all white Caddy's. Good trunk space, but interior back seats hard to get in and out of, but once in plenty of room.

Problems abound unfortunately. Auto headlights-park lights don't know whether to come on or stay on/off. Front end noise probably bad shock, or strut - which leads me to say front struts/shocks are dealer ONLY item and cost around $300 per side! ABS brakes don't work right.