2010 Cadillac DTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DTS model:
Above the Rest.
By al_01 on 02/10/11 21:45 PM (PST)

2010 Cadillac DTS Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is absolutely an eye catcher of a vehicle. The ride is smooth and very quiet. Handling if very good and responsive. The cabin area both front and rear has more than adequate room. Our friends could not believe how roomy and stately this car is. The chrome wheels really enhances the silver DTS. I previously owned a Lincoln Town Car and this DTS is far superior both in roominess and handling. DTS interior is by far more rich looking. Has an awsome stereo system. My wife and I will definetly purchase another Cadillac. We are very satisfied and throughly enjoy riding in our DTS. MPG on the road is 20 and in town 16. We are statisfied with this.

DTS vs Avalon
By dino29 on 01/01/11 19:06 PM (PST)

2010 Cadillac DTS Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

What are the editors drinking or inhaling comparing the Avalon to the DTS? I just completed test driving both vehicles multiple times starting out w/an open mind - The Avalon rides like a little & lighter car compared to the DTS. The trunk is significantly smaller on the Avalon & it just doesn't have the ride quality of the DTS. The overall appearance is that of a much cheaper vehicle, which the Avalon is. I was very surprise when I looked at the expert review & found these two vehicles being compared as peers. The DTS is significantly more of a luxury vehicle in nearly all respects. This notion that not having a six speed trans somehow lessens the vehicle is hogwash.

Poor Build Quality
By Bob on 10/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Cadillac DTS Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've had the DTS for 3 months now. I love everything about it except the build quality. Ride is spectacular. Interior build is just good. Inside window molding is lose and has a gap where you can see the edge of the window. The outside is where the build quality looks bad. Trim on doors does not line up. Doors themselves do not line up. Doors either hang higher or lower than the front or rear doors. Trim inside the trunk fell off as it was never snapped on. Transmission leak at 1000 miles (Bolts had to be sealed). GM just doesn't care about the DTS as they are doing away with it. Well guess what. I'm doing away with GM. Cadillac is NOT the standard of the world as they claim.

Cadillac does not repair problems
By new mks owner on 10/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Cadillac DTS Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I had a 2009 Cadillac DTS and the driver side windshield washer would not wet down the upper windshield and deposited the water in bulk right in front of the driver view through the windshield. The passenger side washer/wiper worked perfectly. Cadillacs replaced two wiper arms to no avail. I reported this to Cadillac and in 6 months I was told an engineer would call me. still waiting after the case was closed twice and reopened. I test 6 new 09 and 2010 DTS Cadillac and they all do not work . Traded the Cadillac DTS for a Lincoln MKs. got three time more features, more luxury and a better driving automobile. no more Cadillacs in my garage.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Cadillac DTS Sedan in VA is:

$130 per month*