Used 2010 Cadillac DTS Luxury Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Cadillac Dts - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DTS model:

Very Disappointing
By 1george

2010 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I always dreamed of owning a Cadillac. Now, I own a DTS and my dream is broken. I drive for Uber and looked at Lincoln Mkx,Town Car,Chrysler 300 and the DTS I selected the DTS based on back seat size and FWD.The car is comfortable and the FWD works well. However, this car rides like crap.The front end bottoms out over the slightest bump in the road. I took it to the dealer to ask about this and they told me that a lot of DTS owners complain about this problem and they told me there was nothing I can do to improve the ride. This is the worst driving car I've ever owned.

Favorite Features

bluetooth,turning lamps

Suggested Improvements

Since the DTS has been discontinued, my suggestions will be moot. The wheels, They are a two piece unit with chrome plated plastic. Really? on a Cadillac? The chrome is pealing off. This was a front wheel drive vehicle in production for eight years, why is there a drive shaft hump in the car?

Outstanding!
By idaspaceman

2010 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I test drove the Lincoln MKS, Buick Lacrosse, Lucerne, and the Lexus E350. Hands down the DTS was a superior engine and ride., and luxury items to either be on par or superior. Everyone will have pro's and con's...but at the end of the day it was an easy decision for me. I know there will be some who will say it's a Grandpa vehicle...call me old, but there is nothing like the ride and luxury of a Caddy.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the ride, the comfort of the seats, and the power of the engine. Loving the Onstar and XM radio. Cabin is quiet, radio is outstanding, and remote start, heated/cooled seats, and heated steering wheel are fantastic features! To each his/her own, but driving American just feels so right.

Suggested Improvements

I wish there was a bit more flash and curve to the DTS, however the ride and big V8 make up for the loss in looks.

Under Rated
By northernwisconsin

2010 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

While I have nothing against the foreign models, the repair costs for a Benz are high. I have an 06 DTS with 36M and the car is great. Good build quality. A great highway cruiser. It seems like the press is locked in the 80s calling the car a floater for handling etc. The DTS does everything expected of it with class. The engine and trans are bulletpoof. Local transmission shop says they never see the Caddy trans for overhaul. The post-05 seats are excellent and fit 6 footer. The car is no more heavy than Lexus. The DTS design could use a freshening with some GM money. But I have no complaints and have been pleasantly surprised at how competent the vehicle is.

Favorite Features

Everything works

Suggested Improvements

Time for investment in new model, but I like mine.