Used 2010 Cadillac DTS Sedan Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Cadillac DTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2010 Cadillac DTS Sedan

View reviews for a specific DTS model:

Love this car!
By Dayvn quin

2010 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought it new love to drive it. it's all around an amazing car. I would recommend it to anyone!

Very Disappointing
By 1george

2010 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I always dreamed of owning a Cadillac. Now, I own a DTS and my dream is broken. I drive for Uber and looked at Lincoln Mkx,Town Car,Chrysler 300 and the DTS I selected the DTS based on back seat size and FWD.The car is comfortable and the FWD works well. However, this car rides like crap.The front end bottoms out over the slightest bump in the road. I took it to the dealer to ask about this and they told me that a lot of DTS owners complain about this problem and they told me there was nothing I can do to improve the ride.
This is the worst driving car I've ever owned.

bluetooth,turning lamps

Since the DTS has been discontinued, my suggestions will be moot. The wheels, They are a two piece unit with chrome plated plastic. Really? on a Cadillac? The chrome is pealing off. This was a front wheel drive vehicle in production for eight years, why is there a drive shaft hump in the car?

From Avalon To DTS
By devdon

2010 Cadillac DTS Sedan Platinum 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have now had my DTS for 2 years (23,000MI).
I think I have experience enough now to say, having owned a 09 Avalon previously....there is no comparasion.
The Avalon is far superior.
The gentlemen that said there is no comparasion has apparently not driven the Avalon.
My DTS started with front wheel balancing problems.
After ordering 2 sets for me it still feels that I'm driving it unbalanced.
And it took several attempts to get them to do that.
Fit and finish both interior and exterior are sub-par.
Road and wind noise is pronounced and the engine noise is extremely annoying.
The only reason I can see why anyone would buy one is the "name".
That was my reason..mistake.

I cannot think of any favorite features other than other people see you and say "He finally arrived". Since I'm going to be on the inside only I now look at the comfort offered by other automobiles such as the Avalon and now especially the Chrysler 300 (test drove one the other day and quiet isn't the word....you can acutally listen to the radio without wind and engine noise.) Oh yes, one other favorite is the roominess esp. the back, but I don't have people in the back seat.

Improve fit and finish.

Above the Rest.
By al_01

2010 Cadillac DTS Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is absolutely an eye catcher of a vehicle. The ride is smooth and very quiet. Handling if very good and responsive. The cabin area both front and rear has more than adequate room. Our friends could not believe how roomy and stately this car is. The chrome wheels really enhances the silver DTS. I previously owned a Lincoln Town Car and this DTS is far superior both in roominess and handling. DTS interior is by far more rich looking. Has an awsome stereo system. My wife and I will definetly purchase another Cadillac. We are very satisfied and throughly enjoy riding in our
DTS. MPG on the road is 20 and in town 16. We are statisfied with this.

Heated seats both in front and rear. Also the steering wheel. Parking sensors are a big help pulling into the garage or any outside parking. The auto outside rear view adjusting mirrors while backing we love. Also the dimming mirrors.

At this point. There are none.

DTS vs Avalon
By dino29

2010 Cadillac DTS Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

What are the editors drinking or inhaling comparing the Avalon to the DTS? I just completed test driving both vehicles multiple times starting out w/an open mind - The Avalon rides like a little & lighter car compared to the DTS. The trunk is significantly smaller on the Avalon & it just doesn't have the ride quality of the DTS. The overall appearance is that of a much cheaper vehicle, which the Avalon is.
I was very surprise when I looked at the expert review & found these two vehicles being compared as peers. The DTS is significantly more of a luxury vehicle in nearly all respects.
This notion that not having a six speed trans somehow lessens the vehicle is hogwash.

Smoothness of the drive train, Quietness, luxury feel & appearance. It looks like a luxury vehicle both in & out & stands alone against the one look fits all crowd at significantly lower cost.