2010 Cadillac DTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DTS model:
From Avalon To DTS
By devdon on 04/07/12 07:06 AM (PDT)

2010 Cadillac DTS Sedan Platinum 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have now had my DTS for 2 years (23,000MI). I think I have experience enough now to say, having owned a 09 Avalon previously....there is no comparasion. The Avalon is far superior. The gentlemen that said there is no comparasion has apparently not driven the Avalon. My DTS started with front wheel balancing problems. After ordering 2 sets for me it still feels that I'm driving it unbalanced. And it took several attempts to get them to do that. Fit and finish both interior and exterior are sub-par. Road and wind noise is pronounced and the engine noise is extremely annoying. The only reason I can see why anyone would buy one is the "name". That was my reason..mistake.

Above the Rest.
By al_01 on 02/10/11 21:45 PM (PST)

2010 Cadillac DTS Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is absolutely an eye catcher of a vehicle. The ride is smooth and very quiet. Handling if very good and responsive. The cabin area both front and rear has more than adequate room. Our friends could not believe how roomy and stately this car is. The chrome wheels really enhances the silver DTS. I previously owned a Lincoln Town Car and this DTS is far superior both in roominess and handling. DTS interior is by far more rich looking. Has an awsome stereo system. My wife and I will definetly purchase another Cadillac. We are very satisfied and throughly enjoy riding in our DTS. MPG on the road is 20 and in town 16. We are statisfied with this.

DTS vs Avalon
By dino29 on 01/01/11 19:06 PM (PST)

2010 Cadillac DTS Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

What are the editors drinking or inhaling comparing the Avalon to the DTS? I just completed test driving both vehicles multiple times starting out w/an open mind - The Avalon rides like a little & lighter car compared to the DTS. The trunk is significantly smaller on the Avalon & it just doesn't have the ride quality of the DTS. The overall appearance is that of a much cheaper vehicle, which the Avalon is. I was very surprise when I looked at the expert review & found these two vehicles being compared as peers. The DTS is significantly more of a luxury vehicle in nearly all respects. This notion that not having a six speed trans somehow lessens the vehicle is hogwash.

Outstanding!
By idaspaceman on 12/22/10 20:25 PM (PST)

2010 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I test drove the Lincoln MKS, Buick Lacrosse, Lucerne, and the Lexus E350. Hands down the DTS was a superior engine and ride., and luxury items to either be on par or superior. Everyone will have pro's and con's...but at the end of the day it was an easy decision for me. I know there will be some who will say it's a Grandpa vehicle...call me old, but there is nothing like the ride and luxury of a Caddy.

Compared to my 07 Town Car
By kgm0001 on 11/29/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Cadillac DTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've found my Town Car superior to the DTS in almost every way except: pedal position, ride, brake feel, and power (DOHC in DTS vs SOHC 4.6 L in TC). DTS engine is noisy and expansion joints cause booming throughout the structure. TC's body on frame is quieter with much less road noise. DTS steering is too firm making small corrections difficult without yanking the wheel. DTS: no locking fuel filler door; no trunk lid pull down; no trumpet horn; FWD; occupants sit too low; seems like a mid-sized car when compared to the TC. Town Car: rides too firmly; accelerator and brake pedals too close together and too far to the right; engine not as responsive as in DTS; RWD.

Poor Build Quality
By Bob on 10/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Cadillac DTS Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've had the DTS for 3 months now. I love everything about it except the build quality. Ride is spectacular. Interior build is just good. Inside window molding is lose and has a gap where you can see the edge of the window. The outside is where the build quality looks bad. Trim on doors does not line up. Doors themselves do not line up. Doors either hang higher or lower than the front or rear doors. Trim inside the trunk fell off as it was never snapped on. Transmission leak at 1000 miles (Bolts had to be sealed). GM just doesn't care about the DTS as they are doing away with it. Well guess what. I'm doing away with GM. Cadillac is NOT the standard of the world as they claim.

Cadillac does not repair problems
By new mks owner on 10/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Cadillac DTS Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I had a 2009 Cadillac DTS and the driver side windshield washer would not wet down the upper windshield and deposited the water in bulk right in front of the driver view through the windshield. The passenger side washer/wiper worked perfectly. Cadillacs replaced two wiper arms to no avail. I reported this to Cadillac and in 6 months I was told an engineer would call me. still waiting after the case was closed twice and reopened. I test 6 new 09 and 2010 DTS Cadillac and they all do not work . Traded the Cadillac DTS for a Lincoln MKs. got three time more features, more luxury and a better driving automobile. no more Cadillacs in my garage.

2010 caddy DTS
By Henry Latus on 07/28/10 06:25 AM (PDT)

2010 Cadillac DTS Sedan Platinum 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I just returned from a trip to Long Island,N.Y. The car was a dream to drive and the air conditioned seats made the ride in ninety degree temp a real pleasure.The radar to keep you alert to the fact that you are in the center of the lane is also a good feature. Onstar GPS makes getting to your destination an absolute pleasure. The ride with magna traction shocks is as great as it is on my Corvette.

Great comfort even for BIG GUYS
By PT crusher on 03/20/10 16:03 PM (PDT)

2010 Cadillac DTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Just picked up an 08 DTS, I was driving a Dodge Ram. I've always had Trucks because I'm a big guy (6'5" 270lbs), so I need a lot of leg room. The bouncy, loud and overpowering ride of the trucks had to go. The DTS offers plenty of room, power, comfort, and it's just a nice looking car. If I had to compare ride of the DTS. Think if you spent 30 year sleeping on the floor, and you just got a top of the line pillow top (King Koil Matress). You sleep would never be the same you wouldn't want to get out of bed. That's what driving the DTS feels like. Comfort and smooth ride like you wouldn't believe. A++

Under Rated
By northernwisconsin on 10/24/09 14:42 PM (PDT)

2010 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

While I have nothing against the foreign models, the repair costs for a Benz are high. I have an 06 DTS with 36M and the car is great. Good build quality. A great highway cruiser. It seems like the press is locked in the 80s calling the car a floater for handling etc. The DTS does everything expected of it with class. The engine and trans are bulletpoof. Local transmission shop says they never see the Caddy trans for overhaul. The post-05 seats are excellent and fit 6 footer. The car is no more heavy than Lexus. The DTS design could use a freshening with some GM money. But I have no complaints and have been pleasantly surprised at how competent the vehicle is.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Cadillac DTS Sedan in VA is:

$111 per month*