Used 2010 Cadillac DTS Premium Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Cadillac Dts - Consumer Reviews

2010 Cadillac DTS

View reviews for a specific DTS model:

Above the Rest.
By al_01

2010 Cadillac DTS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is absolutely an eye catcher of a vehicle. The ride is smooth and very quiet. Handling if very good and responsive. The cabin area both front and rear has more than adequate room. Our friends could not believe how roomy and stately this car is. The chrome wheels really enhances the silver DTS. I previously owned a Lincoln Town Car and this DTS is far superior both in roominess and handling. DTS interior is by far more rich looking. Has an awsome stereo system. My wife and I will definetly purchase another Cadillac. We are very satisfied and throughly enjoy riding in our DTS. MPG on the road is 20 and in town 16. We are statisfied with this.

Favorite Features

Heated seats both in front and rear. Also the steering wheel. Parking sensors are a big help pulling into the garage or any outside parking. The auto outside rear view adjusting mirrors while backing we love. Also the dimming mirrors.

Suggested Improvements

At this point. There are none.

DTS vs Avalon
By dino29

2010 Cadillac DTS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

What are the editors drinking or inhaling comparing the Avalon to the DTS? I just completed test driving both vehicles multiple times starting out w/an open mind - The Avalon rides like a little & lighter car compared to the DTS. The trunk is significantly smaller on the Avalon & it just doesn't have the ride quality of the DTS. The overall appearance is that of a much cheaper vehicle, which the Avalon is. I was very surprise when I looked at the expert review & found these two vehicles being compared as peers. The DTS is significantly more of a luxury vehicle in nearly all respects. This notion that not having a six speed trans somehow lessens the vehicle is hogwash.

Favorite Features

Smoothness of the drive train, Quietness, luxury feel & appearance. It looks like a luxury vehicle both in & out & stands alone against the one look fits all crowd at significantly lower cost.

Poor Build Quality
By Bob

2010 Cadillac DTS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've had the DTS for 3 months now. I love everything about it except the build quality. Ride is spectacular. Interior build is just good. Inside window molding is lose and has a gap where you can see the edge of the window. The outside is where the build quality looks bad. Trim on doors does not line up. Doors themselves do not line up. Doors either hang higher or lower than the front or rear doors. Trim inside the trunk fell off as it was never snapped on. Transmission leak at 1000 miles (Bolts had to be sealed). GM just doesn't care about the DTS as they are doing away with it. Well guess what. I'm doing away with GM. Cadillac is NOT the standard of the world as they claim.

Favorite Features

Nav, Heated/Cooled Seats, Remote Start, Comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Better build quality. The build quality bad on my DTS.

Cadillac does not repair problems
By new mks owner

2010 Cadillac DTS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I had a 2009 Cadillac DTS and the driver side windshield washer would not wet down the upper windshield and deposited the water in bulk right in front of the driver view through the windshield. The passenger side washer/wiper worked perfectly. Cadillacs replaced two wiper arms to no avail. I reported this to Cadillac and in 6 months I was told an engineer would call me. still waiting after the case was closed twice and reopened. I test 6 new 09 and 2010 DTS Cadillac and they all do not work . Traded the Cadillac DTS for a Lincoln MKs. got three time more features, more luxury and a better driving automobile. no more Cadillacs in my garage.

Favorite Features

looks

Suggested Improvements

fix the driver side windshield washer and the shifting feeling in high wind or behind a semi truck