Used 2009 Cadillac DTS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Cadillac Dts - Consumer Reviews

2009 Cadillac DTS Sedan

View reviews for a specific DTS model:

As good as anything from Europe
By martyt2

2009 Cadillac DTS Sedan Premium Luxury 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I am a Cadillac fan. The DTS that we have now rides as well as anything from Europe, is very smooth and powerful. It has more features and options than a sensible person needs. The Bose system is top of the line. Styling is a matter of opinion. I think it is a pretty car. The interior is very luxurious.

Favorite Features

Adaptive cruise, rain sensing wipers, Bose radio, navigation, side warning indicators.

Suggested Improvements

none

Great 2009 DTS
By vfrosh

2009 Cadillac DTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2009 DTS with 29K. I have owned it for a year. I average 20K miles yearly. The car has held up well. It is a fun comfortable, fast, and pretty car. This is my 12th caddy. I have owned four new caddys and eight used ones. The used caddys offer the best savings from depreciation. I usaually purchase 2- 3 year old caddys. I put 50K miles on my new caddys and usually average 130K on my used caddys.

Favorite Features

My favorite things about the DTS are: Northstar V-8 engine, bucket seats, stereo, front wheel drive, and comfortable ride. The Northstar engine does not use oil like the earlier Northstars.

Suggested Improvements

The front suspension could be a little more stif. and the transmission needs more gears like the other luxury cars. I wish it had a moon roof.

New 2009
By Paul

2009 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury 5-Passenger 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We traded an 06 DTS for an 09 with 985 miles. We enjoyed the 06 so much we couldn't resist the opportunity to buy an almost new one at about 16K below the sticker price. As with the 06, we are not disappointed. Few cars offer the comfortable, quiet performance of the DTS. An aging design, but like a fine wine, it seems to improve each year!

Favorite Features

Solid,quiet performance. Comfortable seats and great leg room. Build quality seems to be excellent. Heated/cooled seats are terrific!

Suggested Improvements

Poorly designed cup holders.

2009 DTS Review
By floy

2009 Cadillac DTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Overall, I like my 2009 DTS. It has a good warranty coverage and is a good riding car. I traded in a 2000 Deville for this 2009 DTS. Quality of interior material of my 2009 DTS, although good, is a step down from the quality of material in the 2000 Deville. My 2009 DTS cabin is not as quiet as was the 2000 Deville. Front headrests in the 2009 DTS are rigid, positioned awkwardly, and obstructs rear view when backing up. 2009 DTS gas mileage is poor and the bucket seats are not comfortable for a big man. Other than the aforementioned issues, everything else seems to be okay.

Favorite Features

Radio.

Suggested Improvements

Some of the feature controls (headlights switch, etc.) are half hidden behind the steering wheel. Position all controls in plain view. Provide headrests that can be adjusted (swivel headrest back) to prevent it from pushing the head forward.