2008 DTS Luxury III
By 2008 DTS Luxury III on
2008 Cadillac DTS Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
I traded in my 2000 DHS for the 2008 DTS Luxury III Platinum model and regret it. My old DHS was a great car with a bad transmission. I had a few problems and tried to contact the "help" line. They refused to let me talk to a decision maker and were basically worthless. Cadillac apparently does not want to talk to customers. I am trying to go through the dealership and they will not give me the name of the GM Rep so I am not allowed to talk to her. This is unfortunate since I have 3 GM cars and when these are gone will likely not have another.
Favorite Features
The DTS is a solid car, very nice on the road, comfortable seats with the lumbar, nice acceleration, and a nice looking car.
Suggested Improvements
The transmission "clunks", very noticeably, and GM refuses to fix it or even acknowledge it is a problem. The bulletin (given by the dealer) says the clunk is normal and discusses a thrust reversal on shift. This car does it when the gas is slightly pressed. GM's response is not good.
By rebel7254
on 01/29/13 21:42 PM (PST)

I'm just wondering why you even purchased the car if you give it a 1 out of 5 for Interior Design? I can understand some things you just can't catch during the pre-purchase process, but interior design is something that you can easily evaluate during that time.