American Beauty
By TomK on
2008 Cadillac DTS Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
This is the most beautiful auto I have ever seen. Everything about its styling pleases my eyes. There is no defect in appearance inside or out. If I had a blank piece of paper, this is what I would design. Several years ago I attended a comparison drive of luxury autos sponsored by Motor Trend Magazine. I was able to test drive the best of Europe, Asia and the US any way I wanted. Believe me, no expensive import offers anything more than the Cadillac DTS except snob appeal. I had really planned to buy a six cylinder with a six speed transmission. But when I saw this DTS, I couldn't say no.
Favorite Features
Beauty (Styling with White Diamond paint), comfort and safety. Easy to drive and handle. Large rearview mirrors with front and rear park assist. Easy to live with roof line (don't hit head getting in and out) and trunk access.
Suggested Improvements
I would prefer better gas mileage and less exhaust noise. Add option of 6 cylinder and 6 speed transmission like CTS for at least 2 mpg. Add Heads-up speed display as standard. Add brighter dash lights with manual control. But most of all, significantly reduce exhaust noise.