2008 Cadillac DTS Consumer Review: 2008 DTS Luxury III

2008 Cadillac DTS - Consumer Review

2008 Cadillac DTS

Luxury III Sedan (4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic)

2008 DTS Luxury III
By 2008 DTS Luxury III on

2008 Cadillac DTS Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I traded in my 2000 DHS for the 2008 DTS Luxury III Platinum model and regret it. My old DHS was a great car with a bad transmission. I had a few problems and tried to contact the "help" line. They refused to let me talk to a decision maker and were basically worthless. Cadillac apparently does not want to talk to customers. I am trying to go through the dealership and they will not give me the name of the GM Rep so I am not allowed to talk to her. This is unfortunate since I have 3 GM cars and when these are gone will likely not have another.

The DTS is a solid car, very nice on the road, comfortable seats with the lumbar, nice acceleration, and a nice looking car.

The transmission "clunks", very noticeably, and GM refuses to fix it or even acknowledge it is a problem. The bulletin (given by the dealer) says the clunk is normal and discusses a thrust reversal on shift. This car does it when the gas is slightly pressed. GM's response is not good.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By rebel7254
on 01/29/13 21:42 PM (PST)

I'm just wondering why you even purchased the car if you give it a 1 out of 5 for Interior Design? I can understand some things you just can't catch during the pre-purchase process, but interior design is something that you can easily evaluate during that time.