Used 2008 Cadillac DTS Luxury III Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Cadillac DTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DTS model:

2008 DTS Luxury III
By 2008 DTS Luxury III

2008 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I traded in my 2000 DHS for the 2008 DTS Luxury III Platinum model and regret it. My old DHS was a great car with a bad transmission. I had a few problems and tried to contact the "help" line. They refused to let me talk to a decision maker and were basically worthless. Cadillac apparently does not want to talk to customers. I am trying to go through the dealership and they will not give me the name of the GM Rep so I am not allowed to talk to her. This is unfortunate since I have 3 GM cars and when these are gone will likely not have another.

The DTS is a solid car, very nice on the road, comfortable seats with the lumbar, nice acceleration, and a nice looking car.

The transmission "clunks", very noticeably, and GM refuses to fix it or even acknowledge it is a problem. The bulletin (given by the dealer) says the clunk is normal and discusses a thrust reversal on shift. This car does it when the gas is slightly pressed. GM's response is not good.

Great purchase.
By myeaglelimo

2008 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle a year ago. I run a limousine company, American Eagle Limousine, and the Cadillac DTS is the customers vehicle of choice. It surpasses the Lincoln Town Car in exterior design. My client are always complimenting on how "smooth" and "bump free" the ride was. The car is a head turner and has been extremely reliable. I purchased this vehicle at 7,500 miles and it has well over 100k on it as of August 2009. I have not experienced any engine problems. The only problem I experienced is with the rear cup holder, which has cheap build quality. Overall, I am extremely happy with my purchase. I will be purchasing more Cadillacs in the future.

The parking sensors help me park this relatively long vehicle in tight New York parking spots with ease.

Better build on glove department and rear cupholders.

9th Cadillac
By caddyclassic

2008 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My 9th Cadillac is the best one I've owned. I'm old, but I still want the luxury with performance, the Northstar still amazes me, even after three of them. Wind noise of past cars has been minimized. If you are a long time buyer, this could be the cheapest car to own.

The Northstar engine.

All cars are getting lower, but in a luxury car it seems to be out of place for old stiff knee and hip joints. My wife and I have difficulty entering and exiting easily.

What a Cadillac is supposed to be!
By Southern

2008 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Big, strong and comfortable. Quiet. Economical - using regular gas, long oil intervals and all this with a torquey V8. Really well thought out. No "Idrive" or other difficult to understand user interfaces like the competition offers. Has all the toots and whistles including power lumbar with massage! Side radar that warns if something is in the blind zone. Rear and front parking aids. And a bunch more. Needless to say it is very comparable to more expensive foreign cars, but does some things better. This car just makes you feel good when you drive it.

I like the size. No, it's not as large as the older models, so it is easier to drive/park, but it is still large enough to have lots of room. Rear seat passengers feel like they are in a limo! Top of the line glass adds to the quiet ride. The V8 has torque that V6s can only dream of!

I would like to have a bit better high speed cornering if I could get it with no sacrifice in ride. Maybe the magnetic shocks from the performance model? And the next interior could borrow heavily from the looks of the CTS interior.. with better materials befitting this top of the line luxury sedan!

Owner's first ride
By Don

2008 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I took some of the advice from others on the internet and looked for a car to take long rides in. It is ideal. It is roomy and quiet.

I like the display and the night dimming effect.

The only improve would a hand hold for long leg drivers. I had a Suburban 04 with all kinds of room but with the gas prices I had to look for a different ride. Well pleased and quite in the West Texas wind