Used 2008 Cadillac DTS Luxury II Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Cadillac Dts - Consumer Reviews

2008 Cadillac DTS Sedan

View reviews for a specific DTS model:

Glad I didn't sell my Merc Grand Marquis
By rdownie

2008 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I recently purchased a 2008 Cadillac DTS with 62,000 miles. It was to replace my 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis with 155,000 miles. The Cad looks and runs like a brand new car, but the ride is not near as nice as my aging Grand Marquis. Lots of road noise. Every bump in the city streets are accented by thumping noises as the wheels go over the spots. I took it to the Cad dealer and they claim that is the way all Cadillac's drive these days. Plus they charged me $1600.00 to replace both front sway bars and a left front drum. Luckily they split the cost with me since I had only owned the car for 31 days. Plus, too many buttons to push---very distracting. I should have bought another Merc.

Favorite Features

Love the looks and the moon roof.

Suggested Improvements

This car has the console with the shift lever. Nice, but would like to see the D, N, R, etc back lighted at night. Also, the dash is nearly unreadable during daylight hours. The biggest problem is with the road noise. The car rides like a dream on blacktop freeways but like a noisy sports car on city streets. This is my second Cadillac and it will be my last. The prices keeps going up and the quality keeps going down.

Miss my old Caddy
By caddygirl4life

2008 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My 2008 DTS is sexy, I have been driving a caddy since 16 and have owened through the years 10 plus cars (caddy's) always upgrading to a newer year... The 2008 is the first caddy I brought brand new and I have to say the even though I think the car looks good, the ride is just not there. I really miss my 97 deville concours and wished I never upgraded.

Favorite Features

I real enjoy the heated and cooled seats/ heated steering wheel and the look of the car.

Suggested Improvements

Engine a little loud.... You would think all the years North Star has been out they would redo the engine to be more smoother

Batmobile... All Grown-up
By miguelski

2008 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

In considering a replacement for my 2004 black Supercharged SS Monte Carlo (Batmobile) I looked for an American made "grown-up" 4 door car. My internet research led me to the Certified 2008 black-on-black Cadillac DTS which I purchased. I am very pleased with my purchase.

Favorite Features

The features, comfortable ride and driving pleasure the DTS provides are unsurpassed for an American made car.

Suggested Improvements

Owning the 2008 DTS for only 4 months, I've not found anything I could recommend to be improved.

Fuel Economy lacking
By chuck

2008 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have had several Cadillacs including a 2006 DTS that got good to excellent gas mileage.I use the DTS primarily as a short to long trip car,so it's mostly highway driving.Still the mileage as recorded by the computer fuel monitor is in the low 20's, where the 2006 was in the mid 20's. As far as the looks and comfort of the car,I am well pleased.

Favorite Features

Roomy interior and XM radio.

Suggested Improvements

Improved fuel economy.

FUel economy disappointing
By Chuck

2008 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have had several full size cadillacs including a 2006 prior to his one. The 2006 DTS averaged 25 MPG on the road or better,whereas this one averages closer to 23 MPG, I find this to be quite disappointing, otherwise I am very pleased with the car.

Favorite Features

I like the heated/cooled seats and the heated steering wheel as well as the XM radio.

Suggested Improvements

I would like a larger pass through to the trunk.