2008 Cadillac DTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DTS model:
Glad I didn't sell my Merc Grand Marquis
By rdownie on 03/30/14 16:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I recently purchased a 2008 Cadillac DTS with 62,000 miles. It was to replace my 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis with 155,000 miles. The Cad looks and runs like a brand new car, but the ride is not near as nice as my aging Grand Marquis. Lots of road noise. Every bump in the city streets are accented by thumping noises as the wheels go over the spots. I took it to the Cad dealer and they claim that is the way all Cadillac's drive these days. Plus they charged me $1600.00 to replace both front sway bars and a left front drum. Luckily they split the cost with me since I had only owned the car for 31 days. Plus, too many buttons to push---very distracting. I should have bought another Merc.

Miss my old Caddy
By caddygirl4life on 11/11/12 10:39 AM (PST)

2008 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My 2008 DTS is sexy, I have been driving a caddy since 16 and have owened through the years 10 plus cars (caddy's) always upgrading to a newer year... The 2008 is the first caddy I brought brand new and I have to say the even though I think the car looks good, the ride is just not there. I really miss my 97 deville concours and wished I never upgraded.

Batmobile... All Grown-up
By miguelski on 05/23/11 21:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

In considering a replacement for my 2004 black Supercharged SS Monte Carlo (Batmobile) I looked for an American made "grown-up" 4 door car. My internet research led me to the Certified 2008 black-on-black Cadillac DTS which I purchased. I am very pleased with my purchase.

Fuel Economy lacking
By chuck on 12/19/09 08:32 AM (PST)

2008 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have had several Cadillacs including a 2006 DTS that got good to excellent gas mileage.I use the DTS primarily as a short to long trip car,so it's mostly highway driving.Still the mileage as recorded by the computer fuel monitor is in the low 20's, where the 2006 was in the mid 20's. As far as the looks and comfort of the car,I am well pleased.

FUel economy disappointing
By Chuck on 12/04/09 19:32 PM (PST)

2008 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have had several full size cadillacs including a 2006 prior to his one. The 2006 DTS averaged 25 MPG on the road or better,whereas this one averages closer to 23 MPG, I find this to be quite disappointing, otherwise I am very pleased with the car.

wish i had my 2000 deville back
By dan beth on 09/24/09 17:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

i was the proud owner of a 2000 deville and just loved the car! my wife decided to upgrade & we bought the 2008 dts. i think the new one is not as quiet or smooth as the 2000, also it has that same whining noise at approx 15 to 30 mph i read about in another review, also it gets somewhat sluggish at 45 mph, no idea why it does that. the 2000 had much softer & comfortable seats, anyway my wife loves the car but i'm very disappointed, no way should it be 51000 dollars on the window!

American Beauty
By TomK on 11/20/08 06:38 AM (PST)

2008 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is the most beautiful auto I have ever seen. Everything about its styling pleases my eyes. There is no defect in appearance inside or out. If I had a blank piece of paper, this is what I would design. Several years ago I attended a comparison drive of luxury autos sponsored by Motor Trend Magazine. I was able to test drive the best of Europe, Asia and the US any way I wanted. Believe me, no expensive import offers anything more than the Cadillac DTS except snob appeal. I had really planned to buy a six cylinder with a six speed transmission. But when I saw this DTS, I couldn't say no.

American luxury
By Don on 10/21/08 10:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great car. Handles better than the '05 Deville I traded. Smooth power from the V-8 with decent mileage for the size of the car. I get 26 mpg on the Hwy. Comfortable and quiet ride in American luxury tradition, yet still decent handling. Good value for the money.

American Luxury Car
By Ralph on 06/28/08 07:06 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I traded a BMW 745 for a Cadillac DTS. The Cadillac lacks some of the more sophisticated technology of the BMW but it is easier to maintain, it rides beautifully, and is easy to get serviced. Consumer Reports recommended this car for reliability in part because it dispenses with some of the cutting edge technology and, instead, provides reliability and a more affordable price. The large trunk and back seat and good for carrying more passengers and luggage. We use this car as a road car for longer trips. It takes regular gas, parts are easy to get and there is an extensive dealer network. GM has done an excellent job with this car.

Love those Caddys
By Joel Albert on 12/14/07 09:38 AM (PST)

2008 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my 4th Cadillac. '94 Deville had 175,000 miles; '99 Deville had 130,000; '05 DHS had 110,000..just got '08 DTS...these are true road warriors that have given this road warrior almost 1/2 million comfortable; safe miles...had a Lincoln in between the '99 and '05 Caddy...not even close to Caddy ride. When I got my first one I was only 44..below average demographic..love the comfort; acceleration; and handling..not interested in overrated and overpriced German or Japanese..Caddy packages all options neatly..takes me 20 minutes to buy my car..always get the White Diamond..keep building these.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.