2008 Cadillac DTS Performance Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Cadillac Dts - Consumer Reviews

2008 DTS Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DTS model:

Sort Reviews by

Wanted to love it...but in the end...didnt!
By phillip_g

2008 Cadillac DTS Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have loved Cadillacs since I was 5 years old and rode with my Granny everywhere in her many Cadillacs over the years. I am not the typical age of the traditional Caddy buyer. I like the size, comfort, and style of large American Cars. Family has always driven Caddys or Lincolns and I carry on that tradition with a great amount of pride. Purchased Certified-Used in early 2011, traded a 2005 Deville DTS that I loved. The 2008 DTS is NOT a sports car nor is it intended to be. I am so very disappointed in its reliability issues not only for the cost but also for sentimental reasons.

Favorite Features

Heated and cooled front seats, front seats have rolling lumbar supports. Rear seats are heated and has HVAC controls for the rear passengers. Its difficult to be uncomfortable in any seat in the car. As the driver you can personalize almost every feature to your individual setting and works with key fob or memory button. Very Comfortable for 5 adults, great road trip car. HUGE trunk. Front and rear parking sensors are handy. Smooth V8 and considering its size got decent mpg.

Suggested Improvements

Difficult to park due to the turing radius. A vehicle of this size should not be front wheel drive and transmission was only a 4 speed thus hindering the performance of the big V8. It was just out of warranty and it started to have major issues- rear suspension problems, cracked motor mounts, and leaking a lot of oil into the crank case- needed almost $6k+ worth of work after putting $2500 into the front suspension. These issues were very surprising to me as I am neurotic about taking care of my vehicles and maintenance on them. 2005 model had almost the the same exact issues but were covered under warranty.

Our 2008 DTS
By L. Tong

2008 Cadillac DTS Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We owned our third Cadillac on August 31, 2008. Overall the 2008 DTS is comfortable and the engine has a lot of get up ond go. However, 2008 DTS appears to be noiser than my previous 2002 Deville. From the front of the vehicle gear noise can be heard between 25-30mph. release the accelerator and the noise is gone. Below 25 or above 30 mph the gear noise cannot be heard. Suspect the transaxel. The side seat buckles in the back seat are set down too far making it difficult or next impossible for an average size adult to connect the latch to the buckle. Question, have the car companies stopped using undercoat on vehicles?

Favorite Features

Love the color, Black Cherry and the tan leather interior seats. It's handy to have the controls on the steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Extend the back seat buckles about 4 inches. I hope that the dealer can eliminate the gear noise.

No Quality Control
By Bart

2008 Cadillac DTS Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Car is comfortable and handles well for a large car. Car has been in the shop, at 500 mi and at 2000 mi, for drivetrain and electronics problems. Paid $55K + for this car and was not offered a loaner car by this dealership while the car was in their shop. This will be the last American car that I purchase!

Favorite Features

Interior room and comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Factory and pre-delivery quality control. Better MPG.

American--and proud of it
By JFS777

2008 Cadillac DTS Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My Platinum DTS runs rings around the 2000 S-Class I traded in. Couldn't believe what Mercedes wanted for a new one! Are they kidding? Definitely not worth it. The Caddy gives me everything the M-B did--at over twenty grand less. The ventilated seats are great. My next new car will again be wearing the wreath-and-crest and not the three-pointed star.

Favorite Features

Ride quality, ventilated seats.

Suggested Improvements

A few more inches of rear leg room; power up/down windows at all doors; more interior color choices (lighter seats/darker carpeting); a factory convertible!