2008 Cadillac DTS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DTS model:
2008 DTS Luxury III
By 2008 DTS Luxury III on 09/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac DTS Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I traded in my 2000 DHS for the 2008 DTS Luxury III Platinum model and regret it. My old DHS was a great car with a bad transmission. I had a few problems and tried to contact the "help" line. They refused to let me talk to a decision maker and were basically worthless. Cadillac apparently does not want to talk to customers. I am trying to go through the dealership and they will not give me the name of the GM Rep so I am not allowed to talk to her. This is unfortunate since I have 3 GM cars and when these are gone will likely not have another.

Great purchase.
By myeaglelimo on 08/12/09 21:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac DTS Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle a year ago. I run a limousine company, American Eagle Limousine, and the Cadillac DTS is the customers vehicle of choice. It surpasses the Lincoln Town Car in exterior design. My client are always complimenting on how "smooth" and "bump free" the ride was. The car is a head turner and has been extremely reliable. I purchased this vehicle at 7,500 miles and it has well over 100k on it as of August 2009. I have not experienced any engine problems. The only problem I experienced is with the rear cup holder, which has cheap build quality. Overall, I am extremely happy with my purchase. I will be purchasing more Cadillacs in the future.

9th Cadillac
By caddyclassic on 02/18/09 06:04 AM (PST)

2008 Cadillac DTS Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My 9th Cadillac is the best one I've owned. I'm old, but I still want the luxury with performance, the Northstar still amazes me, even after three of them. Wind noise of past cars has been minimized. If you are a long time buyer, this could be the cheapest car to own.

What a Cadillac is supposed to be!
By Southern on 11/29/08 20:03 PM (PST)

2008 Cadillac DTS Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Big, strong and comfortable. Quiet. Economical - using regular gas, long oil intervals and all this with a torquey V8. Really well thought out. No "Idrive" or other difficult to understand user interfaces like the competition offers. Has all the toots and whistles including power lumbar with massage! Side radar that warns if something is in the blind zone. Rear and front parking aids. And a bunch more. Needless to say it is very comparable to more expensive foreign cars, but does some things better. This car just makes you feel good when you drive it.

Owner's first ride
By Don on 05/26/08 17:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac DTS Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I took some of the advice from others on the internet and looked for a car to take long rides in. It is ideal. It is roomy and quiet.

jacobson's DTS review
By jacobson, s on 11/11/07 08:15 AM (PST)

2008 Cadillac DTS Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I started driving a Cadillac when Oldsmobile stopped building the original Aurora. I travel from Florida to Atlanta, GA and the ride is comfortable, quiet, and smooth, my companion reads a book all during the drive. On one trip my cruise control stopped working, I hit my OnStar button and they made an appointment for me at a dealership near where I was staying. The service manager was waiting for me and the problem was solved. He called me to make sure everything was completed to my satisfaction.That is Cadillac quality and servuce.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.