2008 Cadillac DTS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DTS model:
Glad I didn't sell my Merc Grand Marquis
By rdownie on 03/30/14 16:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac DTS Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I recently purchased a 2008 Cadillac DTS with 62,000 miles. It was to replace my 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis with 155,000 miles. The Cad looks and runs like a brand new car, but the ride is not near as nice as my aging Grand Marquis. Lots of road noise. Every bump in the city streets are accented by thumping noises as the wheels go over the spots. I took it to the Cad dealer and they claim that is the way all Cadillac's drive these days. Plus they charged me $1600.00 to replace both front sway bars and a left front drum. Luckily they split the cost with me since I had only owned the car for 31 days. Plus, too many buttons to push---very distracting. I should have bought another Merc.

Miss my old Caddy
By caddygirl4life on 11/11/12 10:39 AM (PST)

2008 Cadillac DTS Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My 2008 DTS is sexy, I have been driving a caddy since 16 and have owened through the years 10 plus cars (caddy's) always upgrading to a newer year... The 2008 is the first caddy I brought brand new and I have to say the even though I think the car looks good, the ride is just not there. I really miss my 97 deville concours and wished I never upgraded.

Batmobile... All Grown-up
By miguelski on 05/23/11 21:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac DTS Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

In considering a replacement for my 2004 black Supercharged SS Monte Carlo (Batmobile) I looked for an American made "grown-up" 4 door car. My internet research led me to the Certified 2008 black-on-black Cadillac DTS which I purchased. I am very pleased with my purchase.

2008 DTS Luxury III
By 2008 DTS Luxury III on 09/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac DTS Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I traded in my 2000 DHS for the 2008 DTS Luxury III Platinum model and regret it. My old DHS was a great car with a bad transmission. I had a few problems and tried to contact the "help" line. They refused to let me talk to a decision maker and were basically worthless. Cadillac apparently does not want to talk to customers. I am trying to go through the dealership and they will not give me the name of the GM Rep so I am not allowed to talk to her. This is unfortunate since I have 3 GM cars and when these are gone will likely not have another.

Fuel Economy lacking
By chuck on 12/19/09 08:32 AM (PST)

2008 Cadillac DTS Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have had several Cadillacs including a 2006 DTS that got good to excellent gas mileage.I use the DTS primarily as a short to long trip car,so it's mostly highway driving.Still the mileage as recorded by the computer fuel monitor is in the low 20's, where the 2006 was in the mid 20's. As far as the looks and comfort of the car,I am well pleased.

FUel economy disappointing
By Chuck on 12/04/09 19:32 PM (PST)

2008 Cadillac DTS Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have had several full size cadillacs including a 2006 prior to his one. The 2006 DTS averaged 25 MPG on the road or better,whereas this one averages closer to 23 MPG, I find this to be quite disappointing, otherwise I am very pleased with the car.

wish i had my 2000 deville back
By dan beth on 09/24/09 17:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac DTS Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

i was the proud owner of a 2000 deville and just loved the car! my wife decided to upgrade & we bought the 2008 dts. i think the new one is not as quiet or smooth as the 2000, also it has that same whining noise at approx 15 to 30 mph i read about in another review, also it gets somewhat sluggish at 45 mph, no idea why it does that. the 2000 had much softer & comfortable seats, anyway my wife loves the car but i'm very disappointed, no way should it be 51000 dollars on the window!

Great purchase.
By myeaglelimo on 08/12/09 21:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac DTS Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle a year ago. I run a limousine company, American Eagle Limousine, and the Cadillac DTS is the customers vehicle of choice. It surpasses the Lincoln Town Car in exterior design. My client are always complimenting on how "smooth" and "bump free" the ride was. The car is a head turner and has been extremely reliable. I purchased this vehicle at 7,500 miles and it has well over 100k on it as of August 2009. I have not experienced any engine problems. The only problem I experienced is with the rear cup holder, which has cheap build quality. Overall, I am extremely happy with my purchase. I will be purchasing more Cadillacs in the future.

9th Cadillac
By caddyclassic on 02/18/09 06:04 AM (PST)

2008 Cadillac DTS Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My 9th Cadillac is the best one I've owned. I'm old, but I still want the luxury with performance, the Northstar still amazes me, even after three of them. Wind noise of past cars has been minimized. If you are a long time buyer, this could be the cheapest car to own.

Our 2008 DTS
By L. Tong on 12/10/08 19:52 PM (PST)

2008 Cadillac DTS Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We owned our third Cadillac on August 31, 2008. Overall the 2008 DTS is comfortable and the engine has a lot of get up ond go. However, 2008 DTS appears to be noiser than my previous 2002 Deville. From the front of the vehicle gear noise can be heard between 25-30mph. release the accelerator and the noise is gone. Below 25 or above 30 mph the gear noise cannot be heard. Suspect the transaxel. The side seat buckles in the back seat are set down too far making it difficult or next impossible for an average size adult to connect the latch to the buckle. Question, have the car companies stopped using undercoat on vehicles?

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Cadillac DTS in VA is:

$111 per month*