2007 Cadillac DTS Consumer Reviews 2

2007 Cadillac DTS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DTS model:
Mystic Gray DTS
By applevalleyallstar on 07/27/08 10:31 AM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac DTS Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Fun to drive, tighter cabin feel,no gas tank release or lock, no automatic break release, rear trunk area too high, no auto trunk close/lock. Leaves a lot to be desired from the previous years of Cadillac ownership. Driver's seat really squeals with the leather rubbing against the console, rear headliner problems. Navigation is great, so is the Bose sound. Gas mileage is less than my previous DTS by three miles city and 2 miles highway. The higher end, shorter body makes it look more like a sport than a luxury sedan. The vehicle has enough power, but sure sucks up the gas when you, 'step on it'. Nice color coordination on the Mystic Gray ext. and the titanium interior.

My fourth Deville/DTS
By 1SEXYDTS on 07/08/08 14:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac DTS Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

07 DTS Luxury II ( which is the 08 luxury III) Have owned the performance too. Turn on the Peter White cd. Open the sunroof and drive to another level of comfort. Handles well. People are surprised about the Northstar gas mileage which is excellent for a car over two tons. Excellent crash test ratings. I've bought new before, but this time I went for one that was exactly what I wanted if I had bought new, plus certified gives me another 80,000 miles and 6 years bumper to bumper. ( it is one year old and has 20,000 miles. The beautiful real burled wood is very high gloss. Lots of new equipment to play with. Love the shiny chrome wheels &saved over 25,000 buying it a year old.

Superior to LS460
By dino on 02/18/08 14:39 PM (PST)

2007 Cadillac DTS Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is a fantastic vehicle. Worlds ahead the previous model. Excellent performance & much quieter at high speeds than the LS460 & superior seats.

Get a Life--it's a Caddy!
By John on 12/09/07 07:13 AM (PST)

2007 Cadillac DTS Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Why do "reviewers" think everything on wheels has to be an McClaren? This is a luxury car that is extremely comfortable, reasonably nimble for a 2- ton vehicle, easy to enter and exit, gets me 18+ mpg around town, well made, gives me a back massage, decent appearance. It does what I want it to do in terrific fashion! I'm not sure why a luxury automobile needs 55-series tires, 17 inch wheels, and nearly 300 horsepower, but it does. I've owned a 800 hp street-legal '57 Chevy, I've driven my Dad's Chrysler Hemi for several thousand miles--and they were both great, but I'll take my Caddy for everyday driving. It's solid American iron and I don't think it needs to apologize for anything!

Much to be desired
By BJ TX on 10/16/07 20:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The car looks nice enough but interior design needs help, may as well put the radio and A/C panels & controls on the floor since it is necessary to turn & look down to see them. The seat belt buckle is difficult to find jammed up by the center console. The plastic interior is poor quality for a LUX car. The ride is smooth the engine power is good, steering could be tighter. This car rides and handles no better than my base 01 De Ville and lacks the comfort. The controls in the arm rest are poor design resting my arm on it the windows go down and the controls are touchy. There are too many DIC switches. The tire monitor has stopped working. Rear visibility past the rear doors down the side.

Solid Performer, Great Value
By John on 10/13/07 14:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac DTS Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Overall quality, fit, and finish a step up from previous models. Driver door lock switch defective, caused alarm every time car was opened with key. Easily fixed by dealer. Very satisfying car to drive. Under appreciated value for the money.

Never Again
By Never Again on 08/31/07 17:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac DTS Luxury I 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

How GM can continue to produce garbage like this and still stay in business eludes me. This is the second new Cadillac I've owned, my 04'Deville was a total lemon and I thought it was an anomaly, unfortunately it wasn't, my 07' is an even bigger lemon! I don't know where to start, the car breaks down almost constantly, everything from electrical to drivetrain, even the heated seats broke. The front wheel drive system, axils, seals and transmission are a mess. The car spends more time in the shop than in my garage. If I was to give a complete list of everything that's been repaired on this car it would take an hour to read. About all this car does is look good standing still.

Bad seats
By Jack Kreska on 08/27/07 12:34 PM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac DTS Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Fake leather dash and door panels, too much plastic, uncomfortable seats. The optional "bench" seats have no lateral support, the seat is too short and does not support my legs, and I cannot find a comfortable position. The passenger seat is similar. Our previous DeVille (2002) had much better seats than this one. The steering wheel is heated but the leather cover does not extend to the 10 and 2 oclock driving areas. Also, the instruments and console are difficult to read while wearing sun glasses (and we really need them in Texas). The luxury options are great, but overall, we're really disappointed with what they've done to this car.

My Dream Car
By Dave Albanese on 08/05/07 08:41 AM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac DTS Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is our 5th DTS and it is by far the very best. Black on black. So quiet it's hard to believe! Why someone would not buy or lease this luxury car is beyond me. They have acheived a blend of all that a luxury auto should be in this car. I highly recommend tis wonderful American made automobile.

Not Impressed
By G. Cline on 08/04/07 18:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac DTS Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I took a 2000 mile trip a month after I purchased the vehicle, and I was not impressed with the handling or functioning of the vehicle. Navigation system worked fine there, but, was inoperative on the way back. I was only able to select point-to- point (not selected roads). Stability control allows too much sway on turns (not near as good as my 1995 Eldorado ETC). Icons and Switches: Switches on the Armrest are poorly placed and poorly labeled. Heating and Ventilation: Poor design for the controls. The Air Conditioning blows cold air even when it is 30 degrees outside, and, the car is first started. (The 1995 Eldorado controls were 'Set and Forget').