Used 2007 Cadillac DTS Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Cadillac DTS - Consumer Reviews

2007 Cadillac DTS

View reviews for a specific DTS model:

1St Caddy
By singboi

2007 Cadillac DTS Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I just purchased a 1 owner '07 Cadillac DTS Performance for $17,995 with 68,000 miles. I love everthing about the car I did a year of research on the Cadillac DTS before I purchased one and the Performance is the best of them all. I got everything I wanted in the car.

Remote Start, Sunroof/Moonroof, Assit Park Well Everything!!!

GM definitely stands for Government Motors
By grant21

2007 Cadillac DTS Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Wow, I am well into my 40's and have easily owned as many cars in my life but it doesn't get any worse of a car than this. I have owned my one owner 2007 DTS for about 16 months now and have had it in the shop for many repairs (exactly 33 times) 3 brake jobs, 2 water pumps, heated/cooled seats motor replacements, sunroof leaks, low oil pressure sensor, etc..etc.. the list goes on. I will never own another GM vehicle of any sort after owning this and having a better look at everything on this car and a real eye opener to GM auto's in general. Two Really Big Thumbs Down...( & thats only because i cant post profanity on this site).

Poor craftsmanship
By airforcdinstar

2007 Cadillac DTS Luxury I 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased the car Certified Pre-Owned with 68000 miles. It has been in the shop 4 times for Wheel bearing, hubs, fuel sending unit, transmission leak,engine valve cover gasket and some other things. I purchased this car thinking Cadillac was a step up from some of the poor quality Chevrolets I drove. WOW I was wrong. I traded in a brand new 2011 Ford Taurus that I couldn't affford so I traded down and Paid 15,500 for this car. Thankfully its under warranty, however Cadillac service center managers are very aggressive and challenge me on all the repairs, thankfully I am a mechanic for the Air Force and I know a little bit about cars. This car is a nightmare and Cadillac service is horrible!

Cooled seats, headlights, Cadillac symbol on grill, Remote start.

Bettter quality it is so cheap for a supposed high end luxury. and needs to be more current it seems outdated. Better Service representation.

NO WASHER HEATER
By captfx

2007 Cadillac DTS Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Pros:
I love the styling. After 4 years I think I like the look even more than when I first got it. It is a real head turner. I get a lot of nice complements. I have the black with black interior. Although a step down from the performance model the car is a rocket. I love driving it.

Cons:
Cadillac recalled the windshield washer heater. It could leak, short circuit and may cause a fire. Their solution was to remove the unit and 4 weeks later send you a check for $100. Hard to believe. They should have replaced the unit instead they took the cheap way out. They did this with other Cadillacs and Buick. I hope they don't recall the a/c or power steering. Because of this my next luxury car

Styling Power Leather

Should have replaced the windshield washer heater. Radio display very hard to read in sunlight. Sometimes I have to shield it with my hand, dangerous. Nice styling, very quick, wrong way to handle recalled washer heater. Be advised if you're thinking of getting a used one that switch on the turn signal stalk does nothing. I don't think Lexus, Lincoln, BMW, Mercedes Benz, etc. would have handled a recall this way.

Lots to like
By Dean Franklin

2007 Cadillac DTS Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I just got back from a trip that was 1000 miles each way. Did not get tired, and that speaks volumes. Since the dash was moved forward compared to my 2004 DTS it feels spacious. The DTS doesn't follow the shape [high rear, low front) of some other cars so with the seat raised some I have a good view front and back. Pleasant ride with the feel of being in control. The engine torque is impressive. The wide brake makes for easy two feet driving.

Easy driving, big fat shifter, comfort.

Turn the spare over so I can add air without dismantling the whole trunk. Add a couple more gears to the trans. Four speeds is for cheap cars.