Used 2007 Cadillac DTS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Cadillac DTS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DTS model:

Lots to like
By Dean Franklin

2007 Cadillac DTS Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I just got back from a trip that was 1000 miles each way. Did not get tired, and that speaks volumes. Since the dash was moved forward compared to my 2004 DTS it feels spacious. The DTS doesn't follow the shape [high rear, low front) of some other cars so with the seat raised some I have a good view front and back. Pleasant ride with the feel of being in control. The engine torque is impressive. The wide brake makes for easy two feet driving.

Easy driving, big fat shifter, comfort.

Turn the spare over so I can add air without dismantling the whole trunk. Add a couple more gears to the trans. Four speeds is for cheap cars.

Basic American Iron
By luvchrysler

2007 Cadillac DTS Luxury I 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The ride, comfort and convenience are what the DTS is about. Handling is soft and imprecise, but secure. This was purchased to be a highway cruiser, and as such it excels. This is our 4th caddy and 2nd DTS, the previous DTS was an '03 and was basically run to the ground. The '03 was plagued with electrical problems, which were addressed with the '06 upgrade. Thoughtful touches include the cooled seats, remote start and heated steering wheel. The white led instrument-interior lighting is clear and attractive, the sweep of the dash modern with intuitive controls. Seat belts are difficult to latch though, and the lack of an outside trunk lock a strange omission.

Styling, 6 passenger seating, simple climate and radio controls, heated and cooled seating, large trunk, great visibility, powerful engine and quiet cabin.

Upgrade transmission to 6 gears, restore outside trunk lock, improve gas mileage, replace dated outside door handles with pull type, amber turn signals on edge of outside mirrors for safety.

Good rider
By Dean Franklin

2007 Cadillac DTS Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have driven a few hundred miles, but no trips yet. This is a solid car with no rattles and no surprises. Stereo is excellent, engine power is sufficient. Fit and finish of the interior is miles ahead of a 2004. It is a pleasure to drive but I feel cheated having a 4 speed trans on an expensive car.

ride, stereo, open cockpit feeling, engine torque.

6 speed transmission, spare tire that is easy to inflate.

By mike

2007 Cadillac DTS Luxury I 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

So far the vehicle seems to be a typical Cadillac. I have noticed it uses more fuel than other caddys I have owned and I am surprised that the gas tank door can be opened from the outside also it seems the radio does not have real good reception

Sun roof Navigation heated and cooled seats

Put gas door lock back inside car put a bigger antenna on roof put some chrome trim around wheel wells

Very Pleased WIth This Car
By Cat Dude

2007 Cadillac DTS Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased the 2007 DTS Performance used, with 13,000 miles. It replaced a 2003 CTS. WE are very pleased with the handling, quietness, and comfort of the vehicle. The MPG is very positively surprising, particularly when the car plenty of power. THe memory seats are very handy, the controls are simple and well within reach. The Bose sound system is very nice. We've traveled quite a bit in this car this year and we arrive much more relaxed than when in traveling in other cards we've had. Visibility seems poor when backing the car, and the proximity sensors help. Very well pleased with this American car.

Power and economy, design of car, handling, comfort. The performance series seems to sit up a bit higher. Larger, wider tires, steering.

Needs Bluetooth. Noisy when moving driver's seat, rubs against console. The seat bottom portions are too short, needs longer cushions for better support.