2007 Cadillac DTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DTS model:
NO WASHER HEATER
By captfx on 09/05/11 17:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Pros: I love the styling. After 4 years I think I like the look even more than when I first got it. It is a real head turner. I get a lot of nice complements. I have the black with black interior. Although a step down from the performance model the car is a rocket. I love driving it. Cons: Cadillac recalled the windshield washer heater. It could leak, short circuit and may cause a fire. Their solution was to remove the unit and 4 weeks later send you a check for $100. Hard to believe. They should have replaced the unit instead they took the cheap way out. They did this with other Cadillacs and Buick. I hope they don't recall the a/c or power steering. Because of this my next luxury car

Lots to like
By Dean Franklin on 09/08/10 10:10 AM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I just got back from a trip that was 1000 miles each way. Did not get tired, and that speaks volumes. Since the dash was moved forward compared to my 2004 DTS it feels spacious. The DTS doesn't follow the shape [high rear, low front) of some other cars so with the seat raised some I have a good view front and back. Pleasant ride with the feel of being in control. The engine torque is impressive. The wide brake makes for easy two feet driving.

Good rider
By Dean Franklin on 08/10/10 10:45 AM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have driven a few hundred miles, but no trips yet. This is a solid car with no rattles and no surprises. Stereo is excellent, engine power is sufficient. Fit and finish of the interior is miles ahead of a 2004. It is a pleasure to drive but I feel cheated having a 4 speed trans on an expensive car.

Mystic Gray DTS
By applevalleyallstar on 07/27/08 10:31 AM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Fun to drive, tighter cabin feel,no gas tank release or lock, no automatic break release, rear trunk area too high, no auto trunk close/lock. Leaves a lot to be desired from the previous years of Cadillac ownership. Driver's seat really squeals with the leather rubbing against the console, rear headliner problems. Navigation is great, so is the Bose sound. Gas mileage is less than my previous DTS by three miles city and 2 miles highway. The higher end, shorter body makes it look more like a sport than a luxury sedan. The vehicle has enough power, but sure sucks up the gas when you, 'step on it'. Nice color coordination on the Mystic Gray ext. and the titanium interior.

My fourth Deville/DTS
By 1SEXYDTS on 07/08/08 14:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

07 DTS Luxury II ( which is the 08 luxury III) Have owned the performance too. Turn on the Peter White cd. Open the sunroof and drive to another level of comfort. Handles well. People are surprised about the Northstar gas mileage which is excellent for a car over two tons. Excellent crash test ratings. I've bought new before, but this time I went for one that was exactly what I wanted if I had bought new, plus certified gives me another 80,000 miles and 6 years bumper to bumper. ( it is one year old and has 20,000 miles. The beautiful real burled wood is very high gloss. Lots of new equipment to play with. Love the shiny chrome wheels &saved over 25,000 buying it a year old.

Superior to LS460
By dino on 02/18/08 14:39 PM (PST)

2007 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is a fantastic vehicle. Worlds ahead the previous model. Excellent performance & much quieter at high speeds than the LS460 & superior seats.

Get a Life--it's a Caddy!
By John on 12/09/07 07:13 AM (PST)

2007 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Why do "reviewers" think everything on wheels has to be an McClaren? This is a luxury car that is extremely comfortable, reasonably nimble for a 2- ton vehicle, easy to enter and exit, gets me 18+ mpg around town, well made, gives me a back massage, decent appearance. It does what I want it to do in terrific fashion! I'm not sure why a luxury automobile needs 55-series tires, 17 inch wheels, and nearly 300 horsepower, but it does. I've owned a 800 hp street-legal '57 Chevy, I've driven my Dad's Chrysler Hemi for several thousand miles--and they were both great, but I'll take my Caddy for everyday driving. It's solid American iron and I don't think it needs to apologize for anything!

Solid Performer, Great Value
By John on 10/13/07 14:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Overall quality, fit, and finish a step up from previous models. Driver door lock switch defective, caused alarm every time car was opened with key. Easily fixed by dealer. Very satisfying car to drive. Under appreciated value for the money.

Bad seats
By Jack Kreska on 08/27/07 12:34 PM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Fake leather dash and door panels, too much plastic, uncomfortable seats. The optional "bench" seats have no lateral support, the seat is too short and does not support my legs, and I cannot find a comfortable position. The passenger seat is similar. Our previous DeVille (2002) had much better seats than this one. The steering wheel is heated but the leather cover does not extend to the 10 and 2 oclock driving areas. Also, the instruments and console are difficult to read while wearing sun glasses (and we really need them in Texas). The luxury options are great, but overall, we're really disappointed with what they've done to this car.

Not Impressed
By G. Cline on 08/04/07 18:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I took a 2000 mile trip a month after I purchased the vehicle, and I was not impressed with the handling or functioning of the vehicle. Navigation system worked fine there, but, was inoperative on the way back. I was only able to select point-to- point (not selected roads). Stability control allows too much sway on turns (not near as good as my 1995 Eldorado ETC). Icons and Switches: Switches on the Armrest are poorly placed and poorly labeled. Heating and Ventilation: Poor design for the controls. The Air Conditioning blows cold air even when it is 30 degrees outside, and, the car is first started. (The 1995 Eldorado controls were 'Set and Forget').

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.