2007 Cadillac DTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DTS model:
Poor craftsmanship
By airforcdinstar on 10/28/11 17:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury I 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased the car Certified Pre-Owned with 68000 miles. It has been in the shop 4 times for Wheel bearing, hubs, fuel sending unit, transmission leak,engine valve cover gasket and some other things. I purchased this car thinking Cadillac was a step up from some of the poor quality Chevrolets I drove. WOW I was wrong. I traded in a brand new 2011 Ford Taurus that I couldn't affford so I traded down and Paid 15,500 for this car. Thankfully its under warranty, however Cadillac service center managers are very aggressive and challenge me on all the repairs, thankfully I am a mechanic for the Air Force and I know a little bit about cars. This car is a nightmare and Cadillac service is horrible!

Basic American Iron
By luvchrysler on 08/26/10 13:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury I 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The ride, comfort and convenience are what the DTS is about. Handling is soft and imprecise, but secure. This was purchased to be a highway cruiser, and as such it excels. This is our 4th caddy and 2nd DTS, the previous DTS was an '03 and was basically run to the ground. The '03 was plagued with electrical problems, which were addressed with the '06 upgrade. Thoughtful touches include the cooled seats, remote start and heated steering wheel. The white led instrument-interior lighting is clear and attractive, the sweep of the dash modern with intuitive controls. Seat belts are difficult to latch though, and the lack of an outside trunk lock a strange omission.

By mike on 04/11/10 09:37 AM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury I 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

So far the vehicle seems to be a typical Cadillac. I have noticed it uses more fuel than other caddys I have owned and I am surprised that the gas tank door can be opened from the outside also it seems the radio does not have real good reception

Never Again
By Never Again on 08/31/07 17:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury I 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

How GM can continue to produce garbage like this and still stay in business eludes me. This is the second new Cadillac I've owned, my 04'Deville was a total lemon and I thought it was an anomaly, unfortunately it wasn't, my 07' is an even bigger lemon! I don't know where to start, the car breaks down almost constantly, everything from electrical to drivetrain, even the heated seats broke. The front wheel drive system, axils, seals and transmission are a mess. The car spends more time in the shop than in my garage. If I was to give a complete list of everything that's been repaired on this car it would take an hour to read. About all this car does is look good standing still.

'07 DTS
By KenB757 on 06/28/07 11:24 AM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury I 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The levels of engine and road noise are still excessive in the current DTS, especially when compared to the Town Car, Mercedes Benz, and Lexus models. There is still too much NVH feedback through the steering wheel. A couple of times, when making a sharp U-turn, it felt as if the drive belt slipped resulting in the temporary failure of the power steering. Another annoyance is a squeak caused by the front seat back rubbing against the stationary center armrest console when encountering bumps. Get the bench seat option if you hate squeaks. Cadillac knows of the problem since the side of the seat bottom cushion contacting the console is covered in fabric. I will consider another DTS in '09.

Awesome Car
By Doc Doo-Wop on 04/30/07 13:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury I 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car combines the best of the European driving characteristics with the best of American luxury features to give the driver, and the passenger, a fine balance of automotive performance. Cadillac has developed a vehicle that will serve the needs of both young and senior drivers.

DTS - Better Than Any MB, BMW or Jag
By racer on 02/28/07 01:42 AM (PST)

2007 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury I 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Driving the new DTS is the most user friendly experience ever. It does for luxury what the '07 Corvette does for performance. You don't have to spend a fortune to have the best ride on the road - this car looks great and gives the passengers a feeling of safety and comfort that is top level and impressive.

Love Mine
By J lee on 11/29/06 20:07 PM (PST)

2007 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury I 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love the power combined with the smooth ride of the Cadillac DTS.

Best I've Ever Owned
By Jim on 10/04/06 19:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury I 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best car I have owned in 55 years of owning and driving vehicles. It is comfortable, enjoyable to drive, good looking, and I know of no other vehicle that meets the same standard.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.