Used 2007 Cadillac DTS Luxury II Sedan Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Cadillac DTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2007 Cadillac DTS Sedan

View reviews for a specific DTS model:

Typical GM Incompetence
By No more GM

2007 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Car has many, many problems, including cooling system probs, power steering pump, suspension problems, brakes are horrible, sunroof leaks, needs rear control arm ($1200 job), & too much more to list. going back to foreign car! For a 55k car new, GM is a joke!

Over 200,000 miles and going...
By BigJJ

2007 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I just past 200,000 miles!!! I've owned this Caddy for almost 7yrs. Bought with 1684miles...yes, 1,684! Regular oil changes & tune-ups and I've had one issue... At 154,320miles I had the transmission go out. I had it rebuilt. Now at 201,140 there is a ticking that's coming from the engine block and I have a torn drivers side seat. The car is going to be my son's after the ticking sound is looked at by Cadillac.
I am now looking for another 2007-2010 DTS!!!

NO WASHER HEATER
By captfx

2007 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Pros:
I love the styling. After 4 years I think I like the look even more than when I first got it. It is a real head turner. I get a lot of nice complements. I have the black with black interior. Although a step down from the performance model the car is a rocket. I love driving it.

Cons:
Cadillac recalled the windshield washer heater. It could leak, short circuit and may cause a fire. Their solution was to remove the unit and 4 weeks later send you a check for $100. Hard to believe. They should have replaced the unit instead they took the cheap way out. They did this with other Cadillacs and Buick. I hope they don't recall the a/c or power steering. Because of this my next luxury car

Styling Power Leather

Should have replaced the windshield washer heater. Radio display very hard to read in sunlight. Sometimes I have to shield it with my hand, dangerous. Nice styling, very quick, wrong way to handle recalled washer heater. Be advised if you're thinking of getting a used one that switch on the turn signal stalk does nothing. I don't think Lexus, Lincoln, BMW, Mercedes Benz, etc. would have handled a recall this way.

Lots to like
By Dean Franklin

2007 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I just got back from a trip that was 1000 miles each way. Did not get tired, and that speaks volumes. Since the dash was moved forward compared to my 2004 DTS it feels spacious. The DTS doesn't follow the shape [high rear, low front) of some other cars so with the seat raised some I have a good view front and back. Pleasant ride with the feel of being in control. The engine torque is impressive. The wide brake makes for easy two feet driving.

Easy driving, big fat shifter, comfort.

Turn the spare over so I can add air without dismantling the whole trunk. Add a couple more gears to the trans. Four speeds is for cheap cars.

Good rider
By Dean Franklin

2007 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have driven a few hundred miles, but no trips yet. This is a solid car with no rattles and no surprises. Stereo is excellent, engine power is sufficient. Fit and finish of the interior is miles ahead of a 2004. It is a pleasure to drive but I feel cheated having a 4 speed trans on an expensive car.

ride, stereo, open cockpit feeling, engine torque.

6 speed transmission, spare tire that is easy to inflate.