Used 2007 Cadillac DTS Luxury II Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Cadillac Dts - Consumer Reviews

2007 Cadillac DTS Sedan

View reviews for a specific DTS model:

NO WASHER HEATER
By captfx

2007 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Pros: I love the styling. After 4 years I think I like the look even more than when I first got it. It is a real head turner. I get a lot of nice complements. I have the black with black interior. Although a step down from the performance model the car is a rocket. I love driving it. Cons: Cadillac recalled the windshield washer heater. It could leak, short circuit and may cause a fire. Their solution was to remove the unit and 4 weeks later send you a check for $100. Hard to believe. They should have replaced the unit instead they took the cheap way out. They did this with other Cadillacs and Buick. I hope they don't recall the a/c or power steering. Because of this my next luxury car

Favorite Features

Styling Power Leather

Suggested Improvements

Should have replaced the windshield washer heater. Radio display very hard to read in sunlight. Sometimes I have to shield it with my hand, dangerous. Nice styling, very quick, wrong way to handle recalled washer heater. Be advised if you're thinking of getting a used one that switch on the turn signal stalk does nothing. I don't think Lexus, Lincoln, BMW, Mercedes Benz, etc. would have handled a recall this way.

Lots to like
By Dean Franklin

2007 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I just got back from a trip that was 1000 miles each way. Did not get tired, and that speaks volumes. Since the dash was moved forward compared to my 2004 DTS it feels spacious. The DTS doesn't follow the shape [high rear, low front) of some other cars so with the seat raised some I have a good view front and back. Pleasant ride with the feel of being in control. The engine torque is impressive. The wide brake makes for easy two feet driving.

Favorite Features

Easy driving, big fat shifter, comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Turn the spare over so I can add air without dismantling the whole trunk. Add a couple more gears to the trans. Four speeds is for cheap cars.

Good rider
By Dean Franklin

2007 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have driven a few hundred miles, but no trips yet. This is a solid car with no rattles and no surprises. Stereo is excellent, engine power is sufficient. Fit and finish of the interior is miles ahead of a 2004. It is a pleasure to drive but I feel cheated having a 4 speed trans on an expensive car.

Favorite Features

ride, stereo, open cockpit feeling, engine torque.

Suggested Improvements

6 speed transmission, spare tire that is easy to inflate.

Mystic Gray DTS
By applevalleyallstar

2007 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Fun to drive, tighter cabin feel,no gas tank release or lock, no automatic break release, rear trunk area too high, no auto trunk close/lock. Leaves a lot to be desired from the previous years of Cadillac ownership. Driver's seat really squeals with the leather rubbing against the console, rear headliner problems. Navigation is great, so is the Bose sound. Gas mileage is less than my previous DTS by three miles city and 2 miles highway. The higher end, shorter body makes it look more like a sport than a luxury sedan. The vehicle has enough power, but sure sucks up the gas when you, 'step on it'. Nice color coordination on the Mystic Gray ext. and the titanium interior.

Favorite Features

Navigation, Bose sound, sunroof, power seats, rainsense, remote start, nice rims

Suggested Improvements

Make sure there is enough clearance between the driver's seat and the console, return the auto break release and gas cap door release and lock

My fourth Deville/DTS
By 1SEXYDTS

2007 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

07 DTS Luxury II ( which is the 08 luxury III) Have owned the performance too. Turn on the Peter White cd. Open the sunroof and drive to another level of comfort. Handles well. People are surprised about the Northstar gas mileage which is excellent for a car over two tons. Excellent crash test ratings. I've bought new before, but this time I went for one that was exactly what I wanted if I had bought new, plus certified gives me another 80,000 miles and 6 years bumper to bumper. ( it is one year old and has 20,000 miles. The beautiful real burled wood is very high gloss. Lots of new equipment to play with. Love the shiny chrome wheels &saved over 25,000 buying it a year old.

Favorite Features

Telescopic/tilt steering column/wheel. Sunroof, Bose sound, navigation, intelibeam, sunshade, heated seats, interior colors, White White interior lights and dash

Suggested Improvements

Bring back gas door lock and parking brake auto release. Needs better headliner fit at rear edge, seat belt latch pokes your side, teeny tiny switch lettering almost same color as trim terribly hard to read, previous seat design was so much more comfortable cooled seat pinpoint location unfun!