Used 2007 Cadillac DTS Luxury I Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Cadillac DTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DTS model:

Poor craftsmanship
By airforcdinstar

2007 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury I 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased the car Certified Pre-Owned with 68000 miles. It has been in the shop 4 times for Wheel bearing, hubs, fuel sending unit, transmission leak,engine valve cover gasket and some other things. I purchased this car thinking Cadillac was a step up from some of the poor quality Chevrolets I drove. WOW I was wrong. I traded in a brand new 2011 Ford Taurus that I couldn't affford so I traded down and Paid 15,500 for this car. Thankfully its under warranty, however Cadillac service center managers are very aggressive and challenge me on all the repairs, thankfully I am a mechanic for the Air Force and I know a little bit about cars. This car is a nightmare and Cadillac service is horrible!

Cooled seats, headlights, Cadillac symbol on grill, Remote start.

Bettter quality it is so cheap for a supposed high end luxury. and needs to be more current it seems outdated. Better Service representation.

Basic American Iron
By luvchrysler

2007 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury I 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The ride, comfort and convenience are what the DTS is about. Handling is soft and imprecise, but secure. This was purchased to be a highway cruiser, and as such it excels. This is our 4th caddy and 2nd DTS, the previous DTS was an '03 and was basically run to the ground. The '03 was plagued with electrical problems, which were addressed with the '06 upgrade. Thoughtful touches include the cooled seats, remote start and heated steering wheel. The white led instrument-interior lighting is clear and attractive, the sweep of the dash modern with intuitive controls. Seat belts are difficult to latch though, and the lack of an outside trunk lock a strange omission.

Styling, 6 passenger seating, simple climate and radio controls, heated and cooled seating, large trunk, great visibility, powerful engine and quiet cabin.

Upgrade transmission to 6 gears, restore outside trunk lock, improve gas mileage, replace dated outside door handles with pull type, amber turn signals on edge of outside mirrors for safety.

By mike

2007 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury I 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

So far the vehicle seems to be a typical Cadillac. I have noticed it uses more fuel than other caddys I have owned and I am surprised that the gas tank door can be opened from the outside also it seems the radio does not have real good reception

Sun roof Navigation heated and cooled seats

Put gas door lock back inside car put a bigger antenna on roof put some chrome trim around wheel wells

Never Again
By Never Again

2007 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury I 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

How GM can continue to produce garbage like this and still stay in business eludes me. This is the second new Cadillac I've owned, my 04'Deville was a total lemon and I thought it was an anomaly, unfortunately it wasn't, my 07' is an even bigger lemon! I don't know where to start, the car breaks down almost constantly, everything from electrical to drivetrain, even the heated seats broke. The front wheel drive system, axils, seals and transmission are a mess. The car spends more time in the shop than in my garage. If I was to give a complete list of everything that's been repaired on this car it would take an hour to read. About all this car does is look good standing still.

It looks good and that's about all it does.

Look, if you can't produce a reasonably dependable car than you shouldn't be in the auto business. It's no wonder Cadi can't compete with the likes of Lexus and Mercedes. I've been faithful to GM cars my whole life but this is where it ends. Never Again!

'07 DTS
By KenB757

2007 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury I 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The levels of engine and road noise are still excessive in the current DTS, especially when compared to the Town Car, Mercedes Benz, and Lexus models. There is still too much NVH feedback through the steering wheel. A couple of times, when making a sharp U-turn, it felt as if the drive belt slipped resulting in the temporary failure of the power steering. Another annoyance is a squeak caused by the front seat back rubbing against the stationary center armrest console when encountering bumps. Get the bench seat option if you hate squeaks. Cadillac knows of the problem since the side of the seat bottom cushion contacting the console is covered in fabric. I will consider another DTS in '09.

Dealer actually found me one in my favorite decades-old Cotillion White (now supposedly offered only with the livery package) with Shale leather. Excellent sound system. Nicely cooled seats on hot days, though the seat back should also include cooling--probably won't use the seat heating feature.

Bring back a full-size rwd Fleetwood. Door armrests could be mounted slightly higher. Reduce NVH levels. Bring back the telescoping steering wheel, fuel door lock, hood ornament, and auto parking brake release. MP3 player plug should have a charging function. Shifter too notchy; 6 speed trans.

• SUV