2007 Cadillac DTS Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Cadillac Dts - Consumer Reviews

2007 DTS Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DTS model:

Sort Reviews by

Not perfect, but reliable as the sunrise, and fun to drive!
By usa4me

2007 Cadillac DTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car is an absolute dream to drive. It has a firm, yet compliant ride, handles great at high speeds through the mountain pass I drive through twice a day to work and back. Acceleration is brisk, and the top end is terrific for such a big car. Room galore inside for six, large trunk, and killer looks make this a very sane car in comparison to even some V6 foreign cars. I average 24 MPG including a 15 minute climb of 4500 feet 2X a day. I have averaged 27+ on a 2.5 hour drive via highway. Phenomenal mileage for a V8 with loads of power on tap at any speed.

Favorite Features

Styling, performance, handling, interior room, fuel mileage.

Suggested Improvements

More intuitive stereo and GPS controls. Better quality LEDs in high mount tail lamp.

1St Caddy
By singboi

2007 Cadillac DTS Sedan Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I just purchased a 1 owner '07 Cadillac DTS Performance for $17,995 with 68,000 miles. I love everthing about the car I did a year of research on the Cadillac DTS before I purchased one and the Performance is the best of them all. I got everything I wanted in the car.

Favorite Features

Remote Start, Sunroof/Moonroof, Assit Park Well Everything!!!

GM definitely stands for Government Motors
By grant21

2007 Cadillac DTS Sedan Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Wow, I am well into my 40's and have easily owned as many cars in my life but it doesn't get any worse of a car than this. I have owned my one owner 2007 DTS for about 16 months now and have had it in the shop for many repairs (exactly 33 times) 3 brake jobs, 2 water pumps, heated/cooled seats motor replacements, sunroof leaks, low oil pressure sensor, etc..etc.. the list goes on. I will never own another GM vehicle of any sort after owning this and having a better look at everything on this car and a real eye opener to GM auto's in general. Two Really Big Thumbs Down...( & thats only because i cant post profanity on this site).

Poor craftsmanship
By airforcdinstar

2007 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury I 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased the car Certified Pre-Owned with 68000 miles. It has been in the shop 4 times for Wheel bearing, hubs, fuel sending unit, transmission leak,engine valve cover gasket and some other things. I purchased this car thinking Cadillac was a step up from some of the poor quality Chevrolets I drove. WOW I was wrong. I traded in a brand new 2011 Ford Taurus that I couldn't affford so I traded down and Paid 15,500 for this car. Thankfully its under warranty, however Cadillac service center managers are very aggressive and challenge me on all the repairs, thankfully I am a mechanic for the Air Force and I know a little bit about cars. This car is a nightmare and Cadillac service is horrible!

Favorite Features

Cooled seats, headlights, Cadillac symbol on grill, Remote start.

Suggested Improvements

Bettter quality it is so cheap for a supposed high end luxury. and needs to be more current it seems outdated. Better Service representation.

NO WASHER HEATER
By captfx

2007 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Pros: I love the styling. After 4 years I think I like the look even more than when I first got it. It is a real head turner. I get a lot of nice complements. I have the black with black interior. Although a step down from the performance model the car is a rocket. I love driving it. Cons: Cadillac recalled the windshield washer heater. It could leak, short circuit and may cause a fire. Their solution was to remove the unit and 4 weeks later send you a check for $100. Hard to believe. They should have replaced the unit instead they took the cheap way out. They did this with other Cadillacs and Buick. I hope they don't recall the a/c or power steering. Because of this my next luxury car

Favorite Features

Styling Power Leather

Suggested Improvements

Should have replaced the windshield washer heater. Radio display very hard to read in sunlight. Sometimes I have to shield it with my hand, dangerous. Nice styling, very quick, wrong way to handle recalled washer heater. Be advised if you're thinking of getting a used one that switch on the turn signal stalk does nothing. I don't think Lexus, Lincoln, BMW, Mercedes Benz, etc. would have handled a recall this way.

Lots to like
By Dean Franklin

2007 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I just got back from a trip that was 1000 miles each way. Did not get tired, and that speaks volumes. Since the dash was moved forward compared to my 2004 DTS it feels spacious. The DTS doesn't follow the shape [high rear, low front) of some other cars so with the seat raised some I have a good view front and back. Pleasant ride with the feel of being in control. The engine torque is impressive. The wide brake makes for easy two feet driving.

Favorite Features

Easy driving, big fat shifter, comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Turn the spare over so I can add air without dismantling the whole trunk. Add a couple more gears to the trans. Four speeds is for cheap cars.

Basic American Iron
By luvchrysler

2007 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury I 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The ride, comfort and convenience are what the DTS is about. Handling is soft and imprecise, but secure. This was purchased to be a highway cruiser, and as such it excels. This is our 4th caddy and 2nd DTS, the previous DTS was an '03 and was basically run to the ground. The '03 was plagued with electrical problems, which were addressed with the '06 upgrade. Thoughtful touches include the cooled seats, remote start and heated steering wheel. The white led instrument-interior lighting is clear and attractive, the sweep of the dash modern with intuitive controls. Seat belts are difficult to latch though, and the lack of an outside trunk lock a strange omission.

Favorite Features

Styling, 6 passenger seating, simple climate and radio controls, heated and cooled seating, large trunk, great visibility, powerful engine and quiet cabin.

Suggested Improvements

Upgrade transmission to 6 gears, restore outside trunk lock, improve gas mileage, replace dated outside door handles with pull type, amber turn signals on edge of outside mirrors for safety.

Good rider
By Dean Franklin

2007 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have driven a few hundred miles, but no trips yet. This is a solid car with no rattles and no surprises. Stereo is excellent, engine power is sufficient. Fit and finish of the interior is miles ahead of a 2004. It is a pleasure to drive but I feel cheated having a 4 speed trans on an expensive car.

Favorite Features

ride, stereo, open cockpit feeling, engine torque.

Suggested Improvements

6 speed transmission, spare tire that is easy to inflate.

By mike

2007 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury I 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

So far the vehicle seems to be a typical Cadillac. I have noticed it uses more fuel than other caddys I have owned and I am surprised that the gas tank door can be opened from the outside also it seems the radio does not have real good reception

Favorite Features

Sun roof Navigation heated and cooled seats

Suggested Improvements

Put gas door lock back inside car put a bigger antenna on roof put some chrome trim around wheel wells

Very Pleased WIth This Car
By Cat Dude

2007 Cadillac DTS Sedan Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased the 2007 DTS Performance used, with 13,000 miles. It replaced a 2003 CTS. WE are very pleased with the handling, quietness, and comfort of the vehicle. The MPG is very positively surprising, particularly when the car plenty of power. THe memory seats are very handy, the controls are simple and well within reach. The Bose sound system is very nice. We've traveled quite a bit in this car this year and we arrive much more relaxed than when in traveling in other cards we've had. Visibility seems poor when backing the car, and the proximity sensors help. Very well pleased with this American car.

Favorite Features

Power and economy, design of car, handling, comfort. The performance series seems to sit up a bit higher. Larger, wider tires, steering.

Suggested Improvements

Needs Bluetooth. Noisy when moving driver's seat, rubs against console. The seat bottom portions are too short, needs longer cushions for better support.