2006 Cadillac DTS Consumer Review: worst car ever and service

2006 Cadillac DTS - Consumer Review

Luxury I Sedan (4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic)

worst car ever and service
By oscar on

2006 Cadillac DTS Luxury I 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

worst car ever, I'v had my car for 2 years.12 times back in dealer for all kinds of electrical problems, transmission, drive train, suspension was out at 30000 miles and dealership manager said that everything is normal, same was with transmission at 5K miles car was jerking ,the gear change was wery rough, and again I was told by the service manager ,everything is normal, it took 6 trips to the dealer and and 40K miles later to make the dealer look at the problem again and finally figure it out.My advice for potential cadilac DTS buyer: If you are planning to buy the car for driving ,not sitting in a garage, please buy different car , You'll save yourself a lot of nerves,honestly!!!!

trunk space

improve everything
By jc969
on 01/16/11 15:00 PM (PST)

Your experience sounds like my experience with my last 2 Buick Park Avenues, which had been very reliable in the past. Not so anymore with GM luxury cars; lots of electrical glitches, blown head gaskets, air suspension failure, partial engine rebuild at 54,000 miles........These cars were both nightmares. I swore off of GM for good and switched to the Lincoln Town Car and I've never been sorry. I'm on my third Lincoln, and the one I just traded in had over 200,000 miles on it, no major problems, ever. I know it's a bit dated, but I don't care; reliability trumps anything else as far as I'm concerned with cars.