So Far, So Good
By Mac McCauley on
2006 Cadillac DTS Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
Our 2006 Cadillac DTS Luxury is our first Cadillac. We traded in a Buick LeSabre for it. It is WAY better! I read the other reviews to see if I could shed any further light on this car. First, why would anyone buy a car that floats like a boat? One test drive would tell me that. Another review says the DTS is like a sports car. A floating sports car? I like the ride MUCH better than the Buick. The ride is just right! Anyway, drive it before you buy it. Upon exit, the tilt wheel will go all the way up and in, just push the exit button again up to three times (not listed in owners manual). When unlocking the door, the seat will either move or not (personal setting). There IS memory on the tilt wheel. What a car!
Favorite Features
I like how this car has lots of power to accelerate going up the mountains here in Colorado. I love the remote control folding outside mirrors! Our garage is a little tight. I also love the tire pressure readout! It is not a guess, but accurate! How did they do that? Also, this car has a guge trunk! I love XM radio and Onstar! I have had no problems so far! What a wonderful car!
Suggested Improvements
There is no flash-to-pass in the daytime (DRL on). I wonder why!? Also, the chrome door lock knob pokes you in the arm if you want to drive with your arm out the window. It could use a standard locking gas cap. I bought one for my car for a few bucks!