Rides like a Caddy
By overlandbpc on
2006 Cadillac DTS Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
This is my 7th cadillac. A fine American car. I do question if you guys know what trim level your car is. Most of you are Luxury III, or Performance???? I didn't think they made that many with those trims. Might want to check your trim level again. 1sd is a Luxury III There were only 11,146 of those built. Far fewer Performance were built 1se is the performance package. Anyhow it's a great car. Reliable, fast, and smooth. I've owned the car now for 6 years and have put a little over 50k on it without an issue. Japanese/German cars are over rated. If your an American buy something made here. Keep jobs here. Our cars were built by good Americans in Hamtramck Michigan
Favorite Features
I have the massaging heated and cooled seats. LOVE IT. Unlike a lot of euro, and other Cadillac cars i.e. CTS, XTS. The DTS was build for all the passengers in the car. The other cars are built around just the driver. I praise Cadillac in keeping the classic interior styling. Why change something that works? I've had a 1996 Deville, 1998 Deville, 1999 Deville, 2001 STS, 2001 DTS, and a 2003 DTS. The ride on this 06 I have far surpasses my older cars, The rest of the features like navigation I rarely use, Onstar is blah, Bottom line is if you maintain these cars they will give you 200k miles without major repairs. Drive them properly, and have pride of ownership and you cant go wrong.
Suggested Improvements
Get rid of that stupid analog clock. uggh!!! Also wish the arm rest was 1" forward, but keeping is back lowers the wear on it which is you have owned cadillacs in the past, thats the first sign on wear in your car... that darn arm rest. One other thing... Related to the new XTS. Why build it in China? Also why give them a 2.0l turbo option, and leave us Americans stuck with that 3.(Whatever)L engine? GM should have retooled the Hamtramck plant and built it in Michigan with American labor. Let's ship the Chinese something for a change ya know?????