2006 Cadillac DTS 4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Our fourth Cadillac

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan - Consumer Review

2006 Cadillac DTS Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Our fourth Cadillac
By DTS on

2006 Cadillac DTS Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My wife is of European origin, and she insisted that we buy American. Each vehicle we have purchased has been better than the previous model. The DTS is very comfortable for both the driver and passenger. It has more than enough power for both open road and getting around town. No one should carry more than it can fit in the generous trunk. My only complaint about this latest model is that Cadillac dropped the electronic seat adjustment gadget that fixed the seat to fit the preferences of the driver for that key.

Favorite Features

The level III DTS model comes with the best leather seats I have ever been seated in. The back massager and the hot and cold seat temperatures are a little edgy but here in Florida I feel certain that air conditioning in the seats is a luxury that everyone will want.

Suggested Improvements

As noted above, we miss the seat adjustment programming in the key. When I use the car after my wife, I am obliged to wedge my right leg past the steering wheel before I can readjust the seat. This is not crucial, but it is unusual that an automaker would economize on something that was common.