Nice Build
By Tim on
2006 Cadillac DTS Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
I looked at this car not really intending to buy a Cadillac. I've owned many domestic and foreign cars and rate this as one of the better vehicles I've owned. The build quality is excellent. The motor performs as it should and has a nice exhaust note under acceleration. The Bridgestone tires leave much to be desired however, there are few choices of Mfg. for tires of this size. The Yokahoma Advan S.4 look like a better option. Torque steer is manageable however if your driving becomes to0 spirited I could see where this could get one into trouble. I would like to see better sway bars on this car I think it would greatly improve its handling even though it is very good for a two ton car.
Favorite Features
OnStar is great. The parking assist is also a very nice option. The HID headlights perform very well along with the highbeam sentinel. The remote start is worth its weight in gold in a northern climate.
Suggested Improvements
Better Tires are a must. The Bridgestones are very noisy. A variable power steering unit would be very welcome. I don't need as much steering assist at 75 mph as I do at 3 mph. I'd also like to see a little bit larger fuel tank.