2006 Cadillac DTS Consumer Review: Disappointed

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan - Consumer Review

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan

Disappointed
By Dave on

2006 Cadillac DTS Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I waited months for my 2006 Cadillac DTS Luxury. It replaced my 2004 DHS. I have had a new Cadillac every 12-18 months since 1988. I am disappointed with the 2006 DTS. Is Cadillac trying to make the DTS a sport car? Big tires and rims = a poor ride. Here are some other things I don't like: The gas tank is too small. The fule door does not lock remotely. The fuel cap holder is too low on the filler door, allowing the cap to rub against the body. There is no memory on the electric tilt wheel, no pass-to-flash unless headlights are on. The arm rest on the driver's door is too low. Also, what's with the chrome door lock knobs sticking me in the arm? This car has poor workmanship, a gap in the caulk around trunk resulted in trunk well full of water.

The body style and good headlights.

Stop trying to make Deville a sports car. Give it a bigger fuel tank, and a more luxurious interior. Add thicker padded seats. Bring back the luxury of the DeVille. If I wanted an XLR I would have gotten one. A non-locking gas door? What was GM thiking? @ $725 per month.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review