Used 2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Cadillac Dts - Consumer Reviews

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan

View reviews for a specific DTS model:

Great Car
By mcdphd

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car is great! I love this car. It has good get up and go. It rides like a dream and is very comfortable inside.

Favorite Features

XM radio, heated/cooled seats, handling and ride, and leather. This car has a solid build. I love the front and rear parking assist.

Suggested Improvements

Give it a little more get up and go. Not much else, this is a great car.

2006 DTS Review
By JimM

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I truly love my DTS. Its exterior design is great for me. Its interior comfort / design are also very nice. My wife loves the seats and interior layout. I had to take into the dealer two times, once for air noise in the sunroof and once when the windshield washer didn't work. Both were easy fixes, but a car that is less than one year old, shouldnt have problems. ITs gas milage is just OK, I average 22.8 mpg in mixed hwy/city driving. The engine does rock when needed and the ride is smooth and comfortable.

Outstanding Vehicle
By Buday

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my fourth Cadillac, my first in twelve years. What a terrific performing and smooth riding vehicle. I tried out a Lexus LS 430 and believe the DTS has a better ride and comparable quietness and build quality for $20,000 less. I like it better the more I drive it. My car has had no problems to date.

Favorite Features

The smooth engine and transmission. I also like the quietness of both the drive train and body. This car has high quality leather trim and seat construction / support.

Suggested Improvements

Replace the gunsight removed from hood (ornament) and offer WW tires for those whose still like them (They were std. until 2000).

Best Buy
By Ted Gardner

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Have driven it 4000 miles and have enjoyed evry mile. View from all windows is excelent, performance is great and milage is astonishing for a big automobile. Handling in the mountains with the stability package is really great, but you have to get used to it. This is my second Cadillac, my other one was a 97 and it was a very good car. I never spent a dime on it except for tires brakes and regular oil changes in 115,00 miles. I am sure the improvments that have been made since then shoould prove this one to be better than the first one. I can drive it fro 8 hours plus and still am not tired.

Favorite Features

Performance, comfort, handling, mileage. All instruments are easy to see and use. I like the sensing system both front and back. Love the lumbar system, especially the one that massages you back when you push the button while driving on long trips

Suggested Improvements

Go back to the parking brake release when put in Drive. Put the gas door access back on the key system. Make the hood release part of the key system. Put the Cadillac Crest back on top of the hood. Mkes it easier to see where the front of the car is.

Very Happy with the DTS
By coopera

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury I 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I really am enjoying driving this vehicle considering that I have been driving an SUV for so many years. The DTS is extremely comfortable...and I love the XM radio. It is still early but, I think this will be a great car. I have a small complaint...and that is sometimes I sit in the back seat and rest my left arm on the armrest since I recently had shoulder surgery. The seat belts in the back seat are very uncomfortable and rub against my neck when I am sitting there. Also, I think some of the interior trim could be a little more refined and better quality materials. Other than that, the car is most enjoyable.

Favorite Features

I love the XM radio and the OnStar, they are really great features!

Suggested Improvements

A locking gas tank would be nice. Also, add a button on key that closes the trunk.