2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DTS model:
Cadtastic
By VetteGuy on 12/20/05 23:41 PM (PST)

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I am an owner of a 2004 C5 Corvette and rented a 06 DTS while I traveled to Pennsylvania. I can't believe how much I fell in love with this car! It was really hard giving back the keys at the airport and I even looked back one more time before going into the entrance. I must have looked over at the wife 40 times while driving it and I kept saying "oh man, I love this car...we have to get one". Cadillac definitely has a winner on their hands and I hope one ends up in mine. The ride is smooth yet not to sloppy like the land boats of yesteryear. The power is delivered smootly and with total assurance by the hearty V8 engine. We had two HUGE suitcases and other bags and the trunk swallowed them with ease.

Sweet Ride
By Barbellman on 12/18/05 11:00 AM (PST)

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My other car is a 2003 Corvette so when I say I'm impressed by my new DTS Performance Edition it should mean something. I've only put about 3,000 miles on it so far but I love this car! It's excellent handling and punchy V8 are a pleasant surprise in a car as large as the DTS. If you're looking for a car in this catagory you've got take a DTS out for a test drive.

How to mess up a great car
By Grumpy1 on 12/17/05 22:48 PM (PST)

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Without a doubt this is one of the finest autos I have ever driven. But, I cannot understand why so many details were installed hastily just so that they could hurriedly put the car into production. The glove box for instance is no comparison to my old '02. Most of the interior is plastic. This is not what you would expect in a $50,000 car. The consol is about useless. There is no longer a light under the hood. Mine has a heated stearing wheel that does not heat. It has so many buttons to press that after three months I do not know what many of them are for. The easy exit seat is easy exit but not easy entrance. The doors dificult to close. Also, amazingly this car does not have a locking gas door.

2006 Cadillac DTS Performance
By b wagner on 11/13/05 22:29 PM (PST)

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

After owning this car for one week I can truly say that it exceeded my expectations. It performs better than I anticipated, and the ride and luxury are pure Cadillac. The fit and finish are perfect, and the powerful sound of the 4.6 litre engine is great. I have been driving performance luxury cars for years, but this car gives me the room, comfort and the performance combination that I have been searching for. The 18 inch chrome wheel option is a must. The front and rear views of this car are great and the profile gives a nice clean look. I chose light platinum for the exterior and shale interior. The 291 hp matched with the 3.71 differential gives the car a lot of mid range power, 3,000 to 4,000 rpm.

Great Car
By cphillips on 11/07/05 14:49 PM (PST)

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My 2006 Cadillac DTS is great. It drives very well. It is a 5-passager car with great comfort. It gets great fuel economy too.

DTS Delivers
By Thad Stovall on 11/06/05 01:09 AM (PST)

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The 2006 DTS is a prestigious work of art that is an "eye catcher" and is worthy of the attention it gets. It is fashioned to rival the Asian and European luxury automakers. The DTS's design is an improvement over the previous DeVille, having improved handling and design.

Just Test drove this car
By Tom on 11/04/05 10:37 AM (PST)

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I own a 2003 DTS, which was in for service. I love the car and have no problems. My 2003 is cetified so the dealership gave me a new DTS to drive while they were working on it. This is a very nice car! At first I did not like the look, or feel but as I drove it I noticed how quickly it repsonded to my touch, it handles great and is very fast. I went to pass on the highway and was doing 75, within seconds I was hitting 95! This is a fast big sedan! When I got my 2003 back, my first thought was how much can I get on a trade?

I Actually Just Drove This New 2006 DTS!
By Harry, Irvine, CA on 08/17/05 23:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I just drove the DTS at a dealer introduction drive in Irvine CA so I know what I am talking about. I was able to test drive this car even though I do not work for any dealer or GM. Cadillac has made many major new improvements with this car that goes way beyond just a re design of the front and rear exterior. The glass is thicker and laminated, with new structureless windshield wipers and many other body improvements to reduce outside noise. The improved suspension absorbs bumps better. This car now drives even smoother than the 2005 Lexus LS430! The DTS interior/exterior looks and feels more luxurious. DTS now competes better with the LS430! It even has new adaptive radar cruise control.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.