Used 2006 Cadillac DTS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Cadillac Dts - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DTS model:

2006 DTS w/Performance Package
By steve saunders

2006 Cadillac DTS Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

As a former Eldorado owner, the size of the DTS took a while to get used to. With the performance package it handles well for a car of its size and it still rides well. It has the best suspension for this car - I've driven both styles. The interior is typical Cadillac high quality. The downside of the interior is the cup holders. They are too shallow to really really hold cups or bottles, especially during turns or braking. I had issues with the original dealership and Cadillac introduced me to another dealer for any required maintenance or warranty work. Cadillac has excellent customer relations. I like the OnStar system. My next car will be an STS-V.

Favorite Features

I love the high level of interior quality and handling from the performance package. This is a nice car.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the radio display, the color is white and impossible to see with sun glare. The green display on my Eldorado was perfect. Also, when the sunroof is open it's too loud above 45 MPH. The cup holders are too shallow. This car needs to have the same horsepower as the STS V8.

2006 DTS Potential Buyers Beware
By John

2006 Cadillac DTS Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love the car and the way it handles. You just can't beat the ride of a Cadillac, but...buyer beware. They do not retain their value at all. I was going to trade it in after one year to take advantage of Cadillac's recent incentives and the dealer had the nerve to only offer me $24,000 trade in on a car that I paid $55,000 for. I would never buy another one based on the extremely poor value retention. You'd be better off to look at an Audi or a BMW, something that will maintain it's value more

Favorite Features

I love the air conditioned seats and the new styling of the front of the car. The big Cadillac emblem on the deck is nice too.

Suggested Improvements

It needs power door locks on the passenger side. The remote start needs some tweaking. It seems to only work half the time when cold and the dealership cannot seem to pinpoint the problem.

DTS Hard Under Legs
By bigkahuna

2006 Cadillac DTS Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The driver's seat in my DTS is very uncomfortable. The premium leather has a rough finish and the seat cuts my legs under the thighs. This car also tends to over steer.

Favorite Features

I like the audio / navigation system and the headlights.

Suggested Improvements

GM must improve the quality of the seat comfort and correct the over steering problem.

Cadillac
By Cadillac

2006 Cadillac DTS Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best car I ever owned. It has a great ride, handles well, and has lots of extras that make driving more fun.

Favorite Features

The memory seats, heated seats, parking assist, OnStar, and maintenance notification.

Suggested Improvements

Offer better cup holders.

A Luxury Car that is Undervalued
By frank

2006 Cadillac DTS Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned many luxury cars and find this year's Cadillac DTS to be a great value for the money. It rides great, has good design details, and its fit and finish are greatly improved, offering a comfortable ride with plenty of room and cargo space.

Favorite Features

The style, ride, comfort, and how it has plenty of room.

Suggested Improvements

I suggest upgrading the steering wheel design. Also, on the Luxury model 11, make the shift nob and stereo system offered as standard rather than optional.