2006 Cadillac DTS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DTS model:
Great Car, Poor Mileage
By Martin on 04/10/06 20:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love the car. I have had Infinitis (2), Jaguar (1), Volvo (1), Mazda Millenia (4), Dodge and Ford Pickups, Buick, etc etc. The DTS has great room, the ride a little soft, and the design much improved. I had an order in for new Lexus ES 350 but changed my mind when I drove the DTS. The only problem besides the poor gas mileage is what appears to be overspray on windows and other surfaces.. I am going to have my dealer look at it soon.

Cadillac DTS
By ROBERT W FLAGG on 03/21/06 12:12 PM (PST)

2006 Cadillac DTS Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is the first Cadillac I have owned since the mid-nineties. This car is very quiet - no road or wind noise. I also have a Lexus 430, a great car but not as attractive in the interior or the exterior as the Cadillac. So far the mileage is very good!

Happy
By Ralph Rogers on 03/21/06 11:00 AM (PST)

2006 Cadillac DTS Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I had one of the first Northstar engines in 1993 on a Cadillac Eldorado. I was very happy with that engine so I had to get the Performance model in my 2006 DTS. It took me a short while to learn about all the toys such as heated/cooled seats and the massage feature. The Performance model has all the toys but is well worth the purchase just to get the engine. After I sold my 1993 Cadillac I went in 2000 I went with a Lincoln Towncar Cartier Edition. The car was fine but I missed my Cadillac. The DTS rides and drives great and the Performance model is the one to buy. Get the added chrome wheels. It really sets the car off. I am very happy.

So Far, So Good
By Mac McCauley on 03/05/06 19:20 PM (PST)

2006 Cadillac DTS Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Our 2006 Cadillac DTS Luxury is our first Cadillac. We traded in a Buick LeSabre for it. It is WAY better! I read the other reviews to see if I could shed any further light on this car. First, why would anyone buy a car that floats like a boat? One test drive would tell me that. Another review says the DTS is like a sports car. A floating sports car? I like the ride MUCH better than the Buick. The ride is just right! Anyway, drive it before you buy it. Upon exit, the tilt wheel will go all the way up and in, just push the exit button again up to three times (not listed in owners manual). When unlocking the door, the seat will either move or not (personal setting). There IS memory on the tilt wheel. What a car!

2006 Cadillac DTS
By big jack on 03/02/06 15:07 PM (PST)

2006 Cadillac DTS Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I find the 2006 Cadillac DTS to be a much better car than the 2003 DeVille that I traded in for it. It is a more solid and quiet car. The only problem is its poor gas mileage.

Wonderful Car
By Elena Linton on 02/09/06 17:39 PM (PST)

2006 Cadillac DTS Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Love almost everything about the Cadillac DTS, except the floor mats. It is one of the most comfortable cars I have ever driven and it has power to spare. The only complaint I have, besides the floor mats, is that a five or six speed transmission would be a welcome improvement.

2006 DTS Luxury III
By Ricky Magers on 02/03/06 00:08 AM (PST)

2006 Cadillac DTS Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This behemoth gives the the feeling the passengers must have had on the Titanic as it floated aimlessly on the water highway prior to colliding with an iceberg. What is the problem with GM? They cannot get it right. The looks are ok, but all the accessories are screwed up. Upon exit the tilt wheel will not retreat and tilt upward fully, and when you unlock the doors it returns to driving position, so much for memory. This thing sucks gas like a Cadillac dealer trying to get your money. Wish I had bought the Lexus or Mercedes-Benz. Cadillacs are notorious for poor resale values and now I am stuck with the gas guzzling great white behemoth from GM. Oh, I forgot to mention that the fuel door is accessible to anyone.

Delighted
By B on 01/16/06 20:25 PM (PST)

2006 Cadillac DTS Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We're delighted with our 2006 Cadillac DTS and would gladly do it again. It has a large trunk for hauling gifts to children and grandchildren was an important feature for us and this car delivers on that. We've been surprised and delighted at how good the gas mileage is on the highway - 27+ mpg. Everything about the car has been great, and it compared extremely well price-wise and feature-wise to other luxury cars.

Disappointed
By Dave on 01/12/06 11:22 AM (PST)

2006 Cadillac DTS Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I waited months for my 2006 Cadillac DTS Luxury. It replaced my 2004 DHS. I have had a new Cadillac every 12-18 months since 1988. I am disappointed with the 2006 DTS. Is Cadillac trying to make the DTS a sport car? Big tires and rims = a poor ride. Here are some other things I don't like: The gas tank is too small. The fule door does not lock remotely. The fuel cap holder is too low on the filler door, allowing the cap to rub against the body. There is no memory on the electric tilt wheel, no pass-to-flash unless headlights are on. The arm rest on the driver's door is too low. Also, what's with the chrome door lock knobs sticking me in the arm? This car has poor workmanship, a gap in the caulk around trunk resulted in trunk well full of water.

2006 Cadillac DTS
By John on 01/07/06 06:12 AM (PST)

2006 Cadillac DTS Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The exterior design of my 2006 Cadillac DTS is exceptional. The exterior color options are good as well as interior colors. Its handling is better than the previous DeVille models. The XM satellite radio is tremendous and the heated and cooled seats are exceptional.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.