Used 2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Cadillac Dts - Consumer Reviews

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan

View reviews for a specific DTS model:

2006 DTS Performance Sedan
By Lloyd

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The DTS is very easy to own and operate requiring minimal maintenance as scheduled. Very good quality car with great performance, ride and features. I love the style as it is an eye turner, many people take a second look as I drive by.

Favorite Features

I live in Florida and love the A/C seats, the front seat massager is great for long drives. Love the navigation system gets me there every time.

Suggested Improvements

More interior color contrast choices would be welcome. Not too much else I can say, Cadillac got this one right!

Great Car with Some Exceptions
By chief07

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury I 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I just recently purchased 2006 Dts with 60k on it got it for only 12,000. This car was babied all its life. Anyways, It is very comfortable and reliable to drive. The only issue I am having is a slow leak in my front pass tire and the hub/wheel bearing is making my abs/traction lights go nuts while im driving. Other than that the car starts up everytime and drives as smooth as can be. Also my driver headlight flickers on and off. The new dts is more stylish and sleek and the interior is beautiful...if anyone knows why my abs/traction lights go nuts let me know. I replaced the front pads and rotors when I purchased and thats the only repaid I had to do so far!!

Favorite Features

Interior design, outside look and smooth ride

Suggested Improvements

Headlights, Tire pressure, ABS

Nice Build
By Tim

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I looked at this car not really intending to buy a Cadillac. I've owned many domestic and foreign cars and rate this as one of the better vehicles I've owned. The build quality is excellent. The motor performs as it should and has a nice exhaust note under acceleration. The Bridgestone tires leave much to be desired however, there are few choices of Mfg. for tires of this size. The Yokahoma Advan S.4 look like a better option. Torque steer is manageable however if your driving becomes to0 spirited I could see where this could get one into trouble. I would like to see better sway bars on this car I think it would greatly improve its handling even though it is very good for a two ton car.

Favorite Features

OnStar is great. The parking assist is also a very nice option. The HID headlights perform very well along with the highbeam sentinel. The remote start is worth its weight in gold in a northern climate.

Suggested Improvements

Better Tires are a must. The Bridgestones are very noisy. A variable power steering unit would be very welcome. I don't need as much steering assist at 75 mph as I do at 3 mph. I'd also like to see a little bit larger fuel tank.

Rides like a Caddy
By overlandbpc

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 7th cadillac. A fine American car. I do question if you guys know what trim level your car is. Most of you are Luxury III, or Performance???? I didn't think they made that many with those trims. Might want to check your trim level again. 1sd is a Luxury III There were only 11,146 of those built. Far fewer Performance were built 1se is the performance package. Anyhow it's a great car. Reliable, fast, and smooth. I've owned the car now for 6 years and have put a little over 50k on it without an issue. Japanese/German cars are over rated. If your an American buy something made here. Keep jobs here. Our cars were built by good Americans in Hamtramck Michigan

Favorite Features

I have the massaging heated and cooled seats. LOVE IT. Unlike a lot of euro, and other Cadillac cars i.e. CTS, XTS. The DTS was build for all the passengers in the car. The other cars are built around just the driver. I praise Cadillac in keeping the classic interior styling. Why change something that works? I've had a 1996 Deville, 1998 Deville, 1999 Deville, 2001 STS, 2001 DTS, and a 2003 DTS. The ride on this 06 I have far surpasses my older cars, The rest of the features like navigation I rarely use, Onstar is blah, Bottom line is if you maintain these cars they will give you 200k miles without major repairs. Drive them properly, and have pride of ownership and you cant go wrong.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of that stupid analog clock. uggh!!! Also wish the arm rest was 1" forward, but keeping is back lowers the wear on it which is you have owned cadillacs in the past, thats the first sign on wear in your car... that darn arm rest. One other thing... Related to the new XTS. Why build it in China? Also why give them a 2.0l turbo option, and leave us Americans stuck with that 3.(Whatever)L engine? GM should have retooled the Hamtramck plant and built it in Michigan with American labor. Let's ship the Chinese something for a change ya know?????

Problem with Battery Recharger
By wnelson

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My vehicle is 14 months old (5,350 miles) and when driven, it's a dream. However, one day after 11 months of driving, it would not start in mid-town NY. It was then "repaired" by a dealer. One and a half months later, the same thing happened. Again, it was repaired (it took 5 days) by the same dealer. Last night, after midnight (less than 3 months from "Repair Job #2), it wouldn't start again. The motor didn't even turn over. Then, 40 minutes later, it started up! This lack of reliability is insane and is the reason that I'm getting rid of an otherwise great looking/driving automobile.

Favorite Features

The appearance is wonderful. Also, it drives like a dream...when it drives.

Suggested Improvements

Unless I simply have a "lemon," work needs to be done on this model's battery charging unit. Last night, even the On-Star feature wouldn't work!