2006 Cadillac DTS Luxury I Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Cadillac Dts - Consumer Reviews

2006 DTS Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DTS model:

Sort Reviews by

Great Car
By Rob

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great car. It is quiet, powerful, and has great styling. Cadillac doesn't market this car as a "Euro luxury" car, but as a great American luxury car, which I like.

Favorite Features

I like the styling and the ride, and I love that "rumble" that the exhaust makes when you give it a little gas.

Suggested Improvements

I think it would be even better with rear wheel drive. Although for a front wheel drive, this still drives and handles well.

Lots of Great Car for the Price
By Larry H

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I am very pleased with this big sedan. It is smaller than the Lincoln Town Car. Recently redesigned with a great looking exterior, the DTS caught my eye when it first came out. I even traded my Jaguar XJR to get one. The Caddy has better acceleration, is quieter, and is a good car for clients - comfortable, smooth, easy to enter and exit.

Favorite Features

This car is smooth, gets decent gas mileage, and has navigation. The front and rear parking sensors are great. I love the remote start feature.

Suggested Improvements

I would prefer that the driver's armrest was at a better height, especially on the window side.

I Love it!
By DTSV

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My husband and I have owned a Cadillac STS V6 for years. The DTS is amazing, It has a wonderfaul ride, great pickup and is beautiful to look at. Wow ! What a great car.

Favorite Features

The color, design and Norlthstar engine...

Suggested Improvements

It should have a better shifting set up. It could use push button start and the steering is a little tight.

Outstanding Luxury Vehicle
By RobW64

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased a black DTS after researching new vehicles for about a year. This is a gorgeous vehicle that turns heads everywhere we go. My co-workers who own Lexus, Jaguars, and Acuras are begging to drive it. Although the dealership told me I'm probably one of the youngest DTS buyers they've ever had (I'm 41), a few test drives by us "middle-agers" and the vehicle would sell itself.

Favorite Features

The interior room and luxury amenities such as cooled seats, Bose surround sound, and power tilt/telescoping steering wheel. The ride and handling are excellent. The cabin is extremely quiet with beautiful fit and finish.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the advertising campaigns so more people will at least test drive a DTS before buying a cliched import brand.

Still the Standard to Beat
By John Perry

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

After six months and more than 6,000 miles I am very happy with the car. I did not think that I needed the heated steering wheel or the cooled front seat, but once I used them I would not want to do without them, even for the limited days they are really needed.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see the Cadillac DTS with a five or six speed transmission and all wheel drive.

Poor quality
By Madbuyer

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The deflector on my DTS fell off on Route 95 going 75 miles per hour. I thought the front end of the car was falling off. I am still waiting for parts to fix it. My car had 800 miles on it when the problem occurred.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the build quality of your cars.

Nice Car
By Car Lover

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought a Cadillac DTS because it had the most roomy back seat of all the vehicles that we drove. I have been suprised by the quality of the car, it is really put together well. The performance version is a real kick to drive. Lexus drivers in the neighbohood are always impressed by the car. It is sensational for the money.

Favorite Features

The performance package and navigation system.

Suggested Improvements

Ian't dim the nav screen at night, It needs a rear seat DVD system.

Our fourth Cadillac
By DTS

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My wife is of European origin, and she insisted that we buy American. Each vehicle we have purchased has been better than the previous model. The DTS is very comfortable for both the driver and passenger. It has more than enough power for both open road and getting around town. No one should carry more than it can fit in the generous trunk. My only complaint about this latest model is that Cadillac dropped the electronic seat adjustment gadget that fixed the seat to fit the preferences of the driver for that key.

Favorite Features

The level III DTS model comes with the best leather seats I have ever been seated in. The back massager and the hot and cold seat temperatures are a little edgy but here in Florida I feel certain that air conditioning in the seats is a luxury that everyone will want.

Suggested Improvements

As noted above, we miss the seat adjustment programming in the key. When I use the car after my wife, I am obliged to wedge my right leg past the steering wheel before I can readjust the seat. This is not crucial, but it is unusual that an automaker would economize on something that was common.

Best Caddy I've owned.
By David Linton

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The longer I've had this car the more I like it. The only disappointment I have found is the floor mats, which are very cheesy. The car would be even better if it had a 5 or 6 speed transmission.

Favorite Features

The easy to use navigation system.

Suggested Improvements

Give it a better transmission.

Tetirement
By JACK HUDDER

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The DTS is very comfortable on long drives. I love the remote start so the car can be cooled down before entering. I'm surprised with the good gas milage. It is better than the Acura RL that we traded in. Also, it burns regular fuel not premium. We like the monthly reminders from OnStar. Any questions after purchase were promtly answered.

Favorite Features

Everything about the car is well done