Used 2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DTS model:

My opinion
By Harold Brooks

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury I 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

It is a real pleasure driving this vehicle. The battery burned out recently and a new one was purchased. It is equipped with OnStar, which had come in handy in several occasions. The sensors make it easy to park in tight places. The low mileage is a result of not taking any long trips.

Very comfortable and a pleasure to drive. It also has a fast pick-up.

None that I can think of.

worst car ever and service
By oscar

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury I 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

worst car ever, I'v had my car for 2 years.12 times back in dealer for all kinds of electrical problems, transmission, drive train, suspension was out at 30000 miles and dealership manager said that everything is normal, same was with transmission at 5K miles car was jerking ,the gear change was wery rough, and again I was told by the service manager ,everything is normal, it took 6 trips to the dealer and and 40K miles later to make the dealer look at the problem again and finally figure it out.My advice for potential cadilac DTS buyer: If you are planning to buy the car for driving ,not sitting in a garage, please buy different car , You'll save yourself a lot of nerves,honestly!!!!

trunk space

improve everything

Cadillac
By dennisfaust

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great solid car. Good value. Rides like a Cadillac. Plenty of power. Economy is competitive to much smaller cars, and regular gas is a plus. Well designed interior. Everything fits and is comfortable. Quiet ride.

XM radio. Nav system. Front and rear warning device.

I'd buy it again
By Duke Borkoski

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 4th Caddy and it has more omph that any of the previous 3. Great color -Ice Blue. Got better mileage with the '03 but this still gets 25-27 mpg on the road. Love the extra toys - heated steering wheel, OnStar, etc.

Comfortable seats

Console should be longer, to rest your arm more comfortably

Assessing the 2006 Cadillac DTS
By Jim

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I thoroughly enjoy the car in almost every aspect. It has lots of zip and yet is classy. The interior is nicely laid out with plenty of room. The seats are comfortable. I don't use the remote start much, but in the winter it is nice to have. I thoroughly enjoy the XM radio. Like drugs, it is extremely addictive. I cannot live without it now. I have since installed it in my second car and when I replace that, I will get XM radio in the new car.

My favorite features are XM radio, heated steering wheel and seats, and headlights are super great on a dark and rainy night.

The doors open very wide. It would be nice if some way they could have a button to return them 1/2 way and then one could grab on to the door handle much more easily.