2006 Cadillac DTS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DTS model:
My opinion
By Harold Brooks on 03/25/08 19:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Luxury I 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

It is a real pleasure driving this vehicle. The battery burned out recently and a new one was purchased. It is equipped with OnStar, which had come in handy in several occasions. The sensors make it easy to park in tight places. The low mileage is a result of not taking any long trips.

worst car ever and service
By oscar on 01/09/08 20:35 PM (PST)

2006 Cadillac DTS Luxury I 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

worst car ever, I'v had my car for 2 years.12 times back in dealer for all kinds of electrical problems, transmission, drive train, suspension was out at 30000 miles and dealership manager said that everything is normal, same was with transmission at 5K miles car was jerking ,the gear change was wery rough, and again I was told by the service manager ,everything is normal, it took 6 trips to the dealer and and 40K miles later to make the dealer look at the problem again and finally figure it out.My advice for potential cadilac DTS buyer: If you are planning to buy the car for driving ,not sitting in a garage, please buy different car , You'll save yourself a lot of nerves,honestly!!!!

Cadillac
By dennisfaust on 10/23/07 13:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great solid car. Good value. Rides like a Cadillac. Plenty of power. Economy is competitive to much smaller cars, and regular gas is a plus. Well designed interior. Everything fits and is comfortable. Quiet ride.

I'd buy it again
By Duke Borkoski on 10/23/07 09:50 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 4th Caddy and it has more omph that any of the previous 3. Great color -Ice Blue. Got better mileage with the '03 but this still gets 25-27 mpg on the road. Love the extra toys - heated steering wheel, OnStar, etc.

Assessing the 2006 Cadillac DTS
By Jim on 06/28/07 16:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I thoroughly enjoy the car in almost every aspect. It has lots of zip and yet is classy. The interior is nicely laid out with plenty of room. The seats are comfortable. I don't use the remote start much, but in the winter it is nice to have. I thoroughly enjoy the XM radio. Like drugs, it is extremely addictive. I cannot live without it now. I have since installed it in my second car and when I replace that, I will get XM radio in the new car.

2006 DTS Performance Sedan
By Lloyd on 06/20/07 06:43 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Awsome vehicle very comfortable with performance and great handling. The Performance edition with the larger engine gives a little extra punch, the ride is much better with the enhanced suspension and ride package, takes bumps and railroad tracks with ease. Brakes very well stops on a dime while holding the road. Navagation system combined with onstar is easy to use and very accurate. Bose soundsystem with centerpoint sounds awsome especially with XM or a CD in play. I am very comfortable in my driver seat for a long drive thanks to 8 way power seats with memory and the cooling and massage features.

Great experience
By Chuck on 03/27/07 18:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I just got back from a trip to Florida and the DTS exceeded my fondest expectations. The ride was great, fuel economy ok (22 mpg overall in 2600 highway miles and 1600 urban miles), and the XM radio simply fantastic. The only criticism was in figuring out the memory seat coordination with the keys. The interior room and trunk space was well appreciated for a 4 week trip. This is my 15th cadillac and I would buy another one in a heart beat.

Nice Car, but the Exterior Design Needs Help
By stevo on 03/18/07 08:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I started owning Cadillacs in 2000 and loved the exterior design of the DTS models from 2000-2005. I bought a 2006 in anticipation that it would be better, however in my opinion it is worse. It has very shallow cup holders. I have spilled several cups of coffee since owning the car due to this issue. It also is a bit noisy during hard acceleration, but the cruising noise level is fine. It has some torque steer at highway speed when you floor it because it is front wheel drive, which I find annoying. The OnStar system is excellent and the fact that you can use your Verizon cell phone numbers with it is a nice feature.

Problem with Battery Recharger
By wnelson on 03/09/07 06:32 AM (PST)

2006 Cadillac DTS Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My vehicle is 14 months old (5,350 miles) and when driven, it's a dream. However, one day after 11 months of driving, it would not start in mid-town NY. It was then "repaired" by a dealer. One and a half months later, the same thing happened. Again, it was repaired (it took 5 days) by the same dealer. Last night, after midnight (less than 3 months from "Repair Job #2), it wouldn't start again. The motor didn't even turn over. Then, 40 minutes later, it started up! This lack of reliability is insane and is the reason that I'm getting rid of an otherwise great looking/driving automobile.

Finally a Real Winner
By 2006 Cadillac DTS on 02/09/07 08:12 AM (PST)

2006 Cadillac DTS Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love to drive this car. After having several Cadillacs, none of them came close to this one. Its room, comfort, and performance are all up there and it's priced right!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.