2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DTS model:
NOT YOUR GRANDFATHER'S BOAT
By NORTHSTAR GUY on 10/20/09 07:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Just traded my 04 Deville - which I loved but wanted to upgrade. The 06 DTS is chock full of features and is tuned much differently than the previous model. Feels more Euro and has a throatier exhaust and more road feel. Seats are way more supportive. Solid as a rock though and is still a wonderful example of what makes big American cars different from the rest

Will buy again
By GARYSL on 09/21/09 17:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my DTS Performance with much trepidation after years of Toyotas and Volvos. After almost 4 years with the exception of the brakes and gas mileage I couldn't be happier. Other than a very minor complaints this car has been exceptional! I have read many complaints about the factory tires and after 37,000. miles mine are just fine with regular rotation and correct pressures I believe they will easily reach 60k. I'll be very happy if they greatly improve gas mileage and add a 6 speed transmission. It's my sincere hope that comfort is not sacrificed for handling as I find the DTS handles extremely well with the various electronic handling augments.

2006 DTS Luxury III
By bsdtwd on 07/11/09 15:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Traded my 2000 DHS for the 2006 DTS Luxury III w/ Navig. Great car. Bose system is fantastic, navigation is nice but limited to larger metro. areas. Cruised Interstate at 31.02 Mpg. Massage seats, rear sunshade and cooled seats are a plus. Fat Big Ride at 28+ mpg. Go get one!

Great Car
By judy on 02/01/09 11:12 AM (PST)

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased this vehicle after having a 20002 Cadillac with only 60,000. Really liked the styling. A problem that I continue to have is the tire monitoring system. Had 2 sensors replaced and am having problems again. Just cannot keep the sensors operating properly. Only other problem was the electrical system went dead one day. Overall, a lovely car to drive. I get very good gas mileage (27-29) on long trips. In town, normally 20-21. Love the car.

2006 DTS Performance Sedan
By Lloyd on 08/31/08 07:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The DTS is very easy to own and operate requiring minimal maintenance as scheduled. Very good quality car with great performance, ride and features. I love the style as it is an eye turner, many people take a second look as I drive by.

Embarrassed
By JONES199 on 08/13/08 09:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I am embarrassed I like this car do much. Looks great, mileage is surprising, the cooled seats are off the chart. My friends all make fun of me for driving the "old man's car" until they rise in it. I now get stuck driving lots of places. The Cadillac dealership however could learn from the high end imports.

Caddy Got It Right
By caddyman28 on 07/07/08 08:04 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great mileage for a large car 22 mpg with city and highway at 75 with 4 people. All toys of a Lexus at a lot less. Was going to by a new Dodge Charger SE plus for 23k. Did the math and got this car for less, more features with Cadillac CPO until 2012. Handles good, quiet and build quality is good. Caddy is back.

Small Business Owner & Manager
By RTS on 06/23/08 23:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned 5 Cadillac DTS Performance Touring Sedans in the last 8 years. My current DTS is a 2006 with a custom after market "DeLegance" package and I have had hundreds of people make very positive comment on the looks of this automobile. It also gets admiring looks from Mercedes Benz and Lexus owners. This performance edition, although, only rated at 292 H.P. has substantial power and acceleration due to the Northstar engine and performance axle. I special ordered this Caddy with the Tehama Italian leather seats and they are very nice. I am more impressed with this Caddy than any other I have owned. The quality of construction, top notch materials and performance without any problems.

Second Caddy
By Paul on 06/06/08 07:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

After fully enjoying a certified pre-owned Deville, we opted for another certified pre-owned Caddy. This time we traded for a barely used level 4 Performance DTS. This car has almost every option Cadillac makes and has been a joy to drive. At almost half the sticker price with a 6 year/100K warranty, we thought the car was a bargain. It looks no different than an 08!

Would not start
By Jerry G on 04/11/08 14:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Would not start AGAIN. This is the 3rd time since we bought it. It goes back to the dealer and on the 1st time he said we left something on. According to the owner's manual everything is supposed to shut down after 10 minutes. 2nd time they could find nothing. They still have it for the 3rd. time today. It remains to be seen what the problem may or may not be. Also lots of luck calling 1 800 Cadillac to get it started. The first 2 times they sent a qualified starting service, not today. This guy was not equipped to start a car that was still in the garage.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.