Used 2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Cadillac Dts - Consumer Reviews

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan

View reviews for a specific DTS model:

Wadda car
By J STUART

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I drove Cadillacs as demos for years. Finally bought my own 2006 DTS, It did not disappoint at all. I am loving it. The remote start here in AZ cools it down before you drive. Seats that heat/cool and rub your back. The world looks different through this windshield. Road trip!

Favorite Features

XM and Bose are great.Love the power and styling.And to think that its going to last for 250,00 mile or more. Wow

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders need to be deeper.

Nice Build
By Tim

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I looked at this car not really intending to buy a Cadillac. I've owned many domestic and foreign cars and rate this as one of the better vehicles I've owned. The build quality is excellent. The motor performs as it should and has a nice exhaust note under acceleration. The Bridgestone tires leave much to be desired however, there are few choices of Mfg. for tires of this size. The Yokahoma Advan S.4 look like a better option. Torque steer is manageable however if your driving becomes to0 spirited I could see where this could get one into trouble. I would like to see better sway bars on this car I think it would greatly improve its handling even though it is very good for a two ton car.

Favorite Features

OnStar is great. The parking assist is also a very nice option. The HID headlights perform very well along with the highbeam sentinel. The remote start is worth its weight in gold in a northern climate.

Suggested Improvements

Better Tires are a must. The Bridgestones are very noisy. A variable power steering unit would be very welcome. I don't need as much steering assist at 75 mph as I do at 3 mph. I'd also like to see a little bit larger fuel tank.

Great Ride
By dad7159

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Although you can buy more premium cars with the price you can't beat the Caddy. I am 50 and do not consider this an old man's car. Drives Great quiet and smooth!

Favorite Features

Northstar v8 Nav system

Suggested Improvements

Nothing at this time.

It's so nice
By Duke

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my 06 DTS as a program car with 17K on it. I've had it for over 3 years and I absolutely love it. My gas mileage on the highway nears 30 MPG. It's very comfortable and drives like a dream. The cooled seats are a blessing in the New Mexico summers. This is my 4th Caddy and I'll buy more.

Favorite Features

Parking Assist, heated steering wheel and OnStar

Suggested Improvements

There are some minor dead spots for viewing in the rear.

Wow! Mine is great!
By Jumper

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I am surprised to read these problems! My DTS is awesome! I have never had nothing but a marvelous ownership! My 06 DTS is so nice. Never had any problems. I did buy it new though. This is my second Caddy. The last was an SLS. It too was a marvelous ride!

Favorite Features

Everything! I really can't think of a bad thing about the car!

Suggested Improvements

I really can't think of any! Honest! I did drive Lincoln before but have been very happy with the Caddy Line!