Used 2006 Cadillac DTS Performance Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DTS model:

Nice Build
By Tim

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I looked at this car not really intending to buy a Cadillac. I've owned many domestic and foreign cars and rate this as one of the better vehicles I've owned. The build quality is excellent. The motor performs as it should and has a nice exhaust note under acceleration. The Bridgestone tires leave much to be desired however, there are few choices of Mfg. for tires of this size. The Yokahoma Advan S.4 look like a better option. Torque steer is manageable however if your driving becomes to0 spirited I could see where this could get one into trouble. I would like to see better sway bars on this car I think it would greatly improve its handling even though it is very good for a two ton car.

OnStar is great. The parking assist is also a very nice option. The HID headlights perform very well along with the highbeam sentinel. The remote start is worth its weight in gold in a northern climate.

Better Tires are a must. The Bridgestones are very noisy. A variable power steering unit would be very welcome. I don't need as much steering assist at 75 mph as I do at 3 mph. I'd also like to see a little bit larger fuel tank.

Great Ride
By dad7159

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Although you can buy more premium cars with the price you can't beat the Caddy. I am 50 and do not consider this an old man's car. Drives Great quiet and smooth!

Northstar v8 Nav system

Nothing at this time.

Will buy again
By GARYSL

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my DTS Performance with much trepidation after years of Toyotas and Volvos. After almost 4 years with the exception of the brakes and gas mileage I couldn't be happier. Other than a very minor complaints this car has been exceptional! I have read many complaints about the factory tires and after 37,000. miles mine are just fine with regular rotation and correct pressures I believe they will easily reach 60k. I'll be very happy if they greatly improve gas mileage and add a 6 speed transmission. It's my sincere hope that comfort is not sacrificed for handling as I find the DTS handles extremely well with the various electronic handling augments.

I absolutely LOVE the ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL a feature I will never be without again. Finally cruise control is truly useful. The auto headlights and wipers are quite handy too. I really appreciate the heated seats and sterring wheel and remote start.

Heat the entire steering wheel. BETTER GAS MILEAGE Six speed transmission. More cushion in the seats for us fat guys. Backup camera displayed on the Nav System. 60/40 rear seat. I'd like to see the adaptive cruise enhanced like the one in the Mercedes so the car will stop if neccessary.

2006 DTS Performance Sedan
By Lloyd

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The DTS is very easy to own and operate requiring minimal maintenance as scheduled. Very good quality car with great performance, ride and features. I love the style as it is an eye turner, many people take a second look as I drive by.

I live in Florida and love the A/C seats, the front seat massager is great for long drives. Love the navigation system gets me there every time.

More interior color contrast choices would be welcome. Not too much else I can say, Cadillac got this one right!

Caddy Got It Right
By caddyman28

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great mileage for a large car 22 mpg with city and highway at 75 with 4 people. All toys of a Lexus at a lot less. Was going to by a new Dodge Charger SE plus for 23k. Did the math and got this car for less, more features with Cadillac CPO until 2012. Handles good, quiet and build quality is good. Caddy is back.

Bose 360 sound system, legroom , can freeze out an polar bear with the a/c system

Better cup holders -