2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DTS model:
Rides like a Caddy
By overlandbpc on 04/18/13 23:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 7th cadillac. A fine American car. I do question if you guys know what trim level your car is. Most of you are Luxury III, or Performance???? I didn't think they made that many with those trims. Might want to check your trim level again. 1sd is a Luxury III There were only 11,146 of those built. Far fewer Performance were built 1se is the performance package. Anyhow it's a great car. Reliable, fast, and smooth. I've owned the car now for 6 years and have put a little over 50k on it without an issue. Japanese/German cars are over rated. If your an American buy something made here. Keep jobs here. Our cars were built by good Americans in Hamtramck Michigan

DTS Luxury III, Total Comfort at reasonable price
By bsdtwd on 06/19/11 08:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought mine gently used with 23,000 miles. Just off lease. Has everything but distronic style cruise. My wife loves the cooled seats and massage. Just had heated windshield fluid option disabled due to recall. Worked well. Got $100 back from GM. I replaced the third brake light on trunk lid. LED's were going out and I discovered issue as I replaced it. The first screw, of seven, was over torqued during manufacture and let water into the led housing. You must replace entire unit. About $125.00. I see lots of DTS's with same issue. New one works well. Only other repair was front wheel hub/bearing. Rough winter/potholes in Ohio. A great car, fantastic ride and the last of the big ones.

New Caddy Owner...and Luvin It
By CodyC on 10/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first Caddy, but I absolutely love driving this. I previously owned a Chrysler Concorde LXi...loved that car. But, I could end up loving this Caddy more. Large trunk is what attracted me, but I took this one for a test drive and WOW. THE MOST comfortable ride I have ever had. It comes with every gadget: Nav, DVD, XM, BOSE sound, dual AC/Heat controls, separate rear temp control, front/rear parking sensors, rain-sense wipers, V8 performance, good hwy gas mileage, exception lighting features, soft leather seats. Luvin It.

Wadda car
By J STUART on 08/20/10 16:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I drove Cadillacs as demos for years. Finally bought my own 2006 DTS, It did not disappoint at all. I am loving it. The remote start here in AZ cools it down before you drive. Seats that heat/cool and rub your back. The world looks different through this windshield. Road trip!

Wow! Mine is great!
By Jumper on 12/07/09 11:47 AM (PST)

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I am surprised to read these problems! My DTS is awesome! I have never had nothing but a marvelous ownership! My 06 DTS is so nice. Never had any problems. I did buy it new though. This is my second Caddy. The last was an SLS. It too was a marvelous ride!

2006 DTS Luxury III
By bsdtwd on 07/11/09 15:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Traded my 2000 DHS for the 2006 DTS Luxury III w/ Navig. Great car. Bose system is fantastic, navigation is nice but limited to larger metro. areas. Cruised Interstate at 31.02 Mpg. Massage seats, rear sunshade and cooled seats are a plus. Fat Big Ride at 28+ mpg. Go get one!

Cadillac
By dennisfaust on 10/23/07 13:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great solid car. Good value. Rides like a Cadillac. Plenty of power. Economy is competitive to much smaller cars, and regular gas is a plus. Well designed interior. Everything fits and is comfortable. Quiet ride.

Finally a Real Winner
By 2006 Cadillac DTS on 02/09/07 08:12 AM (PST)

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love to drive this car. After having several Cadillacs, none of them came close to this one. Its room, comfort, and performance are all up there and it's priced right!

DTS Hard Under Legs
By bigkahuna on 12/28/06 16:53 PM (PST)

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The driver's seat in my DTS is very uncomfortable. The premium leather has a rough finish and the seat cuts my legs under the thighs. This car also tends to over steer.

2006 DTS Review
By JimM on 10/18/06 04:11 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I truly love my DTS. Its exterior design is great for me. Its interior comfort / design are also very nice. My wife loves the seats and interior layout. I had to take into the dealer two times, once for air noise in the sunroof and once when the windshield washer didn't work. Both were easy fixes, but a car that is less than one year old, shouldnt have problems. ITs gas milage is just OK, I average 22.8 mpg in mixed hwy/city driving. The engine does rock when needed and the ride is smooth and comfortable.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.