Used 2006 Cadillac DTS Luxury III Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Cadillac Dts - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DTS model:

Rides like a Caddy
By overlandbpc

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 7th cadillac. A fine American car. I do question if you guys know what trim level your car is. Most of you are Luxury III, or Performance???? I didn't think they made that many with those trims. Might want to check your trim level again. 1sd is a Luxury III There were only 11,146 of those built. Far fewer Performance were built 1se is the performance package. Anyhow it's a great car. Reliable, fast, and smooth. I've owned the car now for 6 years and have put a little over 50k on it without an issue. Japanese/German cars are over rated. If your an American buy something made here. Keep jobs here. Our cars were built by good Americans in Hamtramck Michigan

Favorite Features

I have the massaging heated and cooled seats. LOVE IT. Unlike a lot of euro, and other Cadillac cars i.e. CTS, XTS. The DTS was build for all the passengers in the car. The other cars are built around just the driver. I praise Cadillac in keeping the classic interior styling. Why change something that works? I've had a 1996 Deville, 1998 Deville, 1999 Deville, 2001 STS, 2001 DTS, and a 2003 DTS. The ride on this 06 I have far surpasses my older cars, The rest of the features like navigation I rarely use, Onstar is blah, Bottom line is if you maintain these cars they will give you 200k miles without major repairs. Drive them properly, and have pride of ownership and you cant go wrong.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of that stupid analog clock. uggh!!! Also wish the arm rest was 1" forward, but keeping is back lowers the wear on it which is you have owned cadillacs in the past, thats the first sign on wear in your car... that darn arm rest. One other thing... Related to the new XTS. Why build it in China? Also why give them a 2.0l turbo option, and leave us Americans stuck with that 3.(Whatever)L engine? GM should have retooled the Hamtramck plant and built it in Michigan with American labor. Let's ship the Chinese something for a change ya know?????

DTS Luxury III, Total Comfort at reasonable price
By bsdtwd

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought mine gently used with 23,000 miles. Just off lease. Has everything but distronic style cruise. My wife loves the cooled seats and massage. Just had heated windshield fluid option disabled due to recall. Worked well. Got $100 back from GM. I replaced the third brake light on trunk lid. LED's were going out and I discovered issue as I replaced it. The first screw, of seven, was over torqued during manufacture and let water into the led housing. You must replace entire unit. About $125.00. I see lots of DTS's with same issue. New one works well. Only other repair was front wheel hub/bearing. Rough winter/potholes in Ohio. A great car, fantastic ride and the last of the big ones.

Favorite Features

Ride, simple controls. Lots of toys. Tons of room. Looks great and runs great.

Suggested Improvements

Replacing the small light in headlight assembly (not the amber or LED) requires removal of front bumper fascia and splash guard(s) and wheel well liner to access. Just a bit of Old GM engineering showing. Small light, big bill at dealer or 4 hour knuckle scraping job at home.

New Caddy Owner...and Luvin It
By CodyC

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first Caddy, but I absolutely love driving this. I previously owned a Chrysler Concorde LXi...loved that car. But, I could end up loving this Caddy more. Large trunk is what attracted me, but I took this one for a test drive and WOW. THE MOST comfortable ride I have ever had. It comes with every gadget: Nav, DVD, XM, BOSE sound, dual AC/Heat controls, separate rear temp control, front/rear parking sensors, rain-sense wipers, V8 performance, good hwy gas mileage, exception lighting features, soft leather seats. Luvin It.

Favorite Features

Bose Sound System, soft and comfy ride, good handling, great acceleration, large trunk, Aux Input for MP3, rear seat legroom, heated/cooled seats, lumbar massage, seat and steering memories, memorizes your temp settings, heated steering wheel, real wood steering wheel and treatments, and more.

Suggested Improvements

Glove box too small, too low, hits knees of passenger. More cabin storage would be nice. Only one CD in Nav version. Would be great to have manual shift mode to take advantage of V8. Bluetooth for cell phone.

Wadda car
By J STUART

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I drove Cadillacs as demos for years. Finally bought my own 2006 DTS, It did not disappoint at all. I am loving it. The remote start here in AZ cools it down before you drive. Seats that heat/cool and rub your back. The world looks different through this windshield. Road trip!

Favorite Features

XM and Bose are great.Love the power and styling.And to think that its going to last for 250,00 mile or more. Wow

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders need to be deeper.

Wow! Mine is great!
By Jumper

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I am surprised to read these problems! My DTS is awesome! I have never had nothing but a marvelous ownership! My 06 DTS is so nice. Never had any problems. I did buy it new though. This is my second Caddy. The last was an SLS. It too was a marvelous ride!

Favorite Features

Everything! I really can't think of a bad thing about the car!

Suggested Improvements

I really can't think of any! Honest! I did drive Lincoln before but have been very happy with the Caddy Line!