Used 2006 Cadillac DTS Luxury II Sedan Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DTS model:

40000 miles not good
By chris tillett

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

1st off, what a beautiful car, comfy, decent mpg! But, this car was always serviced at a Cadillac dealership, at 38000 miles breaking system complete rebuild, not as good as new ! Then both valve cover gaskets, front seat electronics. At 39000, all seals in lower engine replaced at 40000 mile service! Big expense ! Very nice car, but, are you telling me a Lexus , Mercedes or competitive luxury car would need this?? I no longer trust this car as reliable, but, is pretty. My 4th Cadillac , shame that Cadillac doesn't have reliability for price. Prestige not worth it

It's so nice
By Duke

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my 06 DTS as a program car with 17K on it. I've had it for over 3 years and I absolutely love it. My gas mileage on the highway nears 30 MPG. It's very comfortable and drives like a dream. The cooled seats are a blessing in the New Mexico summers. This is my 4th Caddy and I'll buy more.

Parking Assist, heated steering wheel and OnStar

There are some minor dead spots for viewing in the rear.

NOT YOUR GRANDFATHER'S BOAT
By NORTHSTAR GUY

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Just traded my 04 Deville - which I loved but wanted to upgrade. The 06 DTS is chock full of features and is tuned much differently than the previous model. Feels more Euro and has a throatier exhaust and more road feel. Seats are way more supportive. Solid as a rock though and is still a wonderful example of what makes big American cars different from the rest

Northstar and exhaust, seats, park assist, audio system, exterior appearance

Bring back the caddy hood ornament!

Great Car
By judy

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased this vehicle after having a 20002 Cadillac with only 60,000. Really liked the styling. A problem that I continue to have is the tire monitoring system. Had 2 sensors replaced and am having problems again. Just cannot keep the sensors operating properly. Only other problem was the electrical system went dead one day. Overall, a lovely car to drive. I get very good gas mileage (27-29) on long trips. In town, normally 20-21. Love the car.

Love the steering wheel heating.

Correct the tire monitoring system. Could have better gas mileage since my 2002 got 32-33 mpg on long trips.

Embarrassed
By JONES199

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I am embarrassed I like this car do much. Looks great, mileage is surprising, the cooled seats are off the chart. My friends all make fun of me for driving the "old man's car" until they rise in it. I now get stuck driving lots of places. The Cadillac dealership however could learn from the high end imports.

mileage power cooled seats

interior a little behind the times dealership a lot behind the times