Used 2006 Cadillac DTS Luxury I Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Cadillac Dts - Consumer Reviews

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan

View reviews for a specific DTS model:

Cadillac DTS 2006
By sdi206

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury I 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I put 126k miles on 2006 DTS and engine failed with cracked engine block. I got breaks done once a year because break pads just wore out. I had to replace tires every 10k miles. Stability track warning light always came on. Continuous problems with arm bars and tire rods. Gas guzzler. Arm rest broke. Overall just a cheaply made care...Not impressed. Glad I bought a Lexus this time. Service at Caddy is bad and fails to compare to Lexus. Never again.

Favorite Features

Roomy with nice sight lines. I could seat 6 people easy. Big trunk. Front & back indicator warning light was great. Heated seats in rear where great.

Great Car with Some Exceptions
By chief07

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury I 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I just recently purchased 2006 Dts with 60k on it got it for only 12,000. This car was babied all its life. Anyways, It is very comfortable and reliable to drive. The only issue I am having is a slow leak in my front pass tire and the hub/wheel bearing is making my abs/traction lights go nuts while im driving. Other than that the car starts up everytime and drives as smooth as can be. Also my driver headlight flickers on and off. The new dts is more stylish and sleek and the interior is beautiful...if anyone knows why my abs/traction lights go nuts let me know. I replaced the front pads and rotors when I purchased and thats the only repaid I had to do so far!!

Favorite Features

Interior design, outside look and smooth ride

Suggested Improvements

Headlights, Tire pressure, ABS

My opinion
By Harold Brooks

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury I 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

It is a real pleasure driving this vehicle. The battery burned out recently and a new one was purchased. It is equipped with OnStar, which had come in handy in several occasions. The sensors make it easy to park in tight places. The low mileage is a result of not taking any long trips.

Favorite Features

Very comfortable and a pleasure to drive. It also has a fast pick-up.

Suggested Improvements

None that I can think of.

worst car ever and service
By oscar

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury I 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

worst car ever, I'v had my car for 2 years.12 times back in dealer for all kinds of electrical problems, transmission, drive train, suspension was out at 30000 miles and dealership manager said that everything is normal, same was with transmission at 5K miles car was jerking ,the gear change was wery rough, and again I was told by the service manager ,everything is normal, it took 6 trips to the dealer and and 40K miles later to make the dealer look at the problem again and finally figure it out.My advice for potential cadilac DTS buyer: If you are planning to buy the car for driving ,not sitting in a garage, please buy different car , You'll save yourself a lot of nerves,honestly!!!!

Favorite Features

trunk space

Suggested Improvements

improve everything

Very Happy with the DTS
By coopera

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury I 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I really am enjoying driving this vehicle considering that I have been driving an SUV for so many years. The DTS is extremely comfortable...and I love the XM radio. It is still early but, I think this will be a great car. I have a small complaint...and that is sometimes I sit in the back seat and rest my left arm on the armrest since I recently had shoulder surgery. The seat belts in the back seat are very uncomfortable and rub against my neck when I am sitting there. Also, I think some of the interior trim could be a little more refined and better quality materials. Other than that, the car is most enjoyable.

Favorite Features

I love the XM radio and the OnStar, they are really great features!

Suggested Improvements

A locking gas tank would be nice. Also, add a button on key that closes the trunk.