2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DTS model:
Rides like a Caddy
By overlandbpc on 04/18/13 23:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 7th cadillac. A fine American car. I do question if you guys know what trim level your car is. Most of you are Luxury III, or Performance???? I didn't think they made that many with those trims. Might want to check your trim level again. 1sd is a Luxury III There were only 11,146 of those built. Far fewer Performance were built 1se is the performance package. Anyhow it's a great car. Reliable, fast, and smooth. I've owned the car now for 6 years and have put a little over 50k on it without an issue. Japanese/German cars are over rated. If your an American buy something made here. Keep jobs here. Our cars were built by good Americans in Hamtramck Michigan

Cadillac DTS 2006
By sdi206 on 02/16/13 18:17 PM (PST)

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury I 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I put 126k miles on 2006 DTS and engine failed with cracked engine block. I got breaks done once a year because break pads just wore out. I had to replace tires every 10k miles. Stability track warning light always came on. Continuous problems with arm bars and tire rods. Gas guzzler. Arm rest broke. Overall just a cheaply made care...Not impressed. Glad I bought a Lexus this time. Service at Caddy is bad and fails to compare to Lexus. Never again.

Great Car with Some Exceptions
By chief07 on 02/16/12 16:45 PM (PST)

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury I 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I just recently purchased 2006 Dts with 60k on it got it for only 12,000. This car was babied all its life. Anyways, It is very comfortable and reliable to drive. The only issue I am having is a slow leak in my front pass tire and the hub/wheel bearing is making my abs/traction lights go nuts while im driving. Other than that the car starts up everytime and drives as smooth as can be. Also my driver headlight flickers on and off. The new dts is more stylish and sleek and the interior is beautiful...if anyone knows why my abs/traction lights go nuts let me know. I replaced the front pads and rotors when I purchased and thats the only repaid I had to do so far!!

DTS Luxury III, Total Comfort at reasonable price
By bsdtwd on 06/19/11 08:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought mine gently used with 23,000 miles. Just off lease. Has everything but distronic style cruise. My wife loves the cooled seats and massage. Just had heated windshield fluid option disabled due to recall. Worked well. Got $100 back from GM. I replaced the third brake light on trunk lid. LED's were going out and I discovered issue as I replaced it. The first screw, of seven, was over torqued during manufacture and let water into the led housing. You must replace entire unit. About $125.00. I see lots of DTS's with same issue. New one works well. Only other repair was front wheel hub/bearing. Rough winter/potholes in Ohio. A great car, fantastic ride and the last of the big ones.

New Caddy Owner...and Luvin It
By CodyC on 10/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first Caddy, but I absolutely love driving this. I previously owned a Chrysler Concorde LXi...loved that car. But, I could end up loving this Caddy more. Large trunk is what attracted me, but I took this one for a test drive and WOW. THE MOST comfortable ride I have ever had. It comes with every gadget: Nav, DVD, XM, BOSE sound, dual AC/Heat controls, separate rear temp control, front/rear parking sensors, rain-sense wipers, V8 performance, good hwy gas mileage, exception lighting features, soft leather seats. Luvin It.

Wadda car
By J STUART on 08/20/10 16:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I drove Cadillacs as demos for years. Finally bought my own 2006 DTS, It did not disappoint at all. I am loving it. The remote start here in AZ cools it down before you drive. Seats that heat/cool and rub your back. The world looks different through this windshield. Road trip!

Nice Build
By Tim on 05/09/10 15:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I looked at this car not really intending to buy a Cadillac. I've owned many domestic and foreign cars and rate this as one of the better vehicles I've owned. The build quality is excellent. The motor performs as it should and has a nice exhaust note under acceleration. The Bridgestone tires leave much to be desired however, there are few choices of Mfg. for tires of this size. The Yokahoma Advan S.4 look like a better option. Torque steer is manageable however if your driving becomes to0 spirited I could see where this could get one into trouble. I would like to see better sway bars on this car I think it would greatly improve its handling even though it is very good for a two ton car.

Great Ride
By dad7159 on 03/22/10 15:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Although you can buy more premium cars with the price you can't beat the Caddy. I am 50 and do not consider this an old man's car. Drives Great quiet and smooth!

It's so nice
By Duke on 02/04/10 09:47 AM (PST)

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury II 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my 06 DTS as a program car with 17K on it. I've had it for over 3 years and I absolutely love it. My gas mileage on the highway nears 30 MPG. It's very comfortable and drives like a dream. The cooled seats are a blessing in the New Mexico summers. This is my 4th Caddy and I'll buy more.

Wow! Mine is great!
By Jumper on 12/07/09 11:47 AM (PST)

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I am surprised to read these problems! My DTS is awesome! I have never had nothing but a marvelous ownership! My 06 DTS is so nice. Never had any problems. I did buy it new though. This is my second Caddy. The last was an SLS. It too was a marvelous ride!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.