Used 2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Cadillac Dts - Consumer Reviews

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan

View reviews for a specific DTS model:

Rides like a Caddy
By overlandbpc

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 7th cadillac. A fine American car. I do question if you guys know what trim level your car is. Most of you are Luxury III, or Performance???? I didn't think they made that many with those trims. Might want to check your trim level again. 1sd is a Luxury III There were only 11,146 of those built. Far fewer Performance were built 1se is the performance package. Anyhow it's a great car. Reliable, fast, and smooth. I've owned the car now for 6 years and have put a little over 50k on it without an issue. Japanese/German cars are over rated. If your an American buy something made here. Keep jobs here. Our cars were built by good Americans in Hamtramck Michigan

Favorite Features

I have the massaging heated and cooled seats. LOVE IT. Unlike a lot of euro, and other Cadillac cars i.e. CTS, XTS. The DTS was build for all the passengers in the car. The other cars are built around just the driver. I praise Cadillac in keeping the classic interior styling. Why change something that works? I've had a 1996 Deville, 1998 Deville, 1999 Deville, 2001 STS, 2001 DTS, and a 2003 DTS. The ride on this 06 I have far surpasses my older cars, The rest of the features like navigation I rarely use, Onstar is blah, Bottom line is if you maintain these cars they will give you 200k miles without major repairs. Drive them properly, and have pride of ownership and you cant go wrong.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of that stupid analog clock. uggh!!! Also wish the arm rest was 1" forward, but keeping is back lowers the wear on it which is you have owned cadillacs in the past, thats the first sign on wear in your car... that darn arm rest. One other thing... Related to the new XTS. Why build it in China? Also why give them a 2.0l turbo option, and leave us Americans stuck with that 3.(Whatever)L engine? GM should have retooled the Hamtramck plant and built it in Michigan with American labor. Let's ship the Chinese something for a change ya know?????

Cadillac DTS 2006
By sdi206

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury I 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I put 126k miles on 2006 DTS and engine failed with cracked engine block. I got breaks done once a year because break pads just wore out. I had to replace tires every 10k miles. Stability track warning light always came on. Continuous problems with arm bars and tire rods. Gas guzzler. Arm rest broke. Overall just a cheaply made care...Not impressed. Glad I bought a Lexus this time. Service at Caddy is bad and fails to compare to Lexus. Never again.

Favorite Features

Roomy with nice sight lines. I could seat 6 people easy. Big trunk. Front & back indicator warning light was great. Heated seats in rear where great.

Great Car with Some Exceptions
By chief07

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury I 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I just recently purchased 2006 Dts with 60k on it got it for only 12,000. This car was babied all its life. Anyways, It is very comfortable and reliable to drive. The only issue I am having is a slow leak in my front pass tire and the hub/wheel bearing is making my abs/traction lights go nuts while im driving. Other than that the car starts up everytime and drives as smooth as can be. Also my driver headlight flickers on and off. The new dts is more stylish and sleek and the interior is beautiful...if anyone knows why my abs/traction lights go nuts let me know. I replaced the front pads and rotors when I purchased and thats the only repaid I had to do so far!!

Favorite Features

Interior design, outside look and smooth ride

Suggested Improvements

Headlights, Tire pressure, ABS

DTS Luxury III, Total Comfort at reasonable price
By bsdtwd

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought mine gently used with 23,000 miles. Just off lease. Has everything but distronic style cruise. My wife loves the cooled seats and massage. Just had heated windshield fluid option disabled due to recall. Worked well. Got $100 back from GM. I replaced the third brake light on trunk lid. LED's were going out and I discovered issue as I replaced it. The first screw, of seven, was over torqued during manufacture and let water into the led housing. You must replace entire unit. About $125.00. I see lots of DTS's with same issue. New one works well. Only other repair was front wheel hub/bearing. Rough winter/potholes in Ohio. A great car, fantastic ride and the last of the big ones.

Favorite Features

Ride, simple controls. Lots of toys. Tons of room. Looks great and runs great.

Suggested Improvements

Replacing the small light in headlight assembly (not the amber or LED) requires removal of front bumper fascia and splash guard(s) and wheel well liner to access. Just a bit of Old GM engineering showing. Small light, big bill at dealer or 4 hour knuckle scraping job at home.

New Caddy Owner...and Luvin It
By CodyC

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first Caddy, but I absolutely love driving this. I previously owned a Chrysler Concorde LXi...loved that car. But, I could end up loving this Caddy more. Large trunk is what attracted me, but I took this one for a test drive and WOW. THE MOST comfortable ride I have ever had. It comes with every gadget: Nav, DVD, XM, BOSE sound, dual AC/Heat controls, separate rear temp control, front/rear parking sensors, rain-sense wipers, V8 performance, good hwy gas mileage, exception lighting features, soft leather seats. Luvin It.

Favorite Features

Bose Sound System, soft and comfy ride, good handling, great acceleration, large trunk, Aux Input for MP3, rear seat legroom, heated/cooled seats, lumbar massage, seat and steering memories, memorizes your temp settings, heated steering wheel, real wood steering wheel and treatments, and more.

Suggested Improvements

Glove box too small, too low, hits knees of passenger. More cabin storage would be nice. Only one CD in Nav version. Would be great to have manual shift mode to take advantage of V8. Bluetooth for cell phone.