2006 Cadillac DTS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DTS model:
Nice Build
By Tim on 05/09/10 15:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I looked at this car not really intending to buy a Cadillac. I've owned many domestic and foreign cars and rate this as one of the better vehicles I've owned. The build quality is excellent. The motor performs as it should and has a nice exhaust note under acceleration. The Bridgestone tires leave much to be desired however, there are few choices of Mfg. for tires of this size. The Yokahoma Advan S.4 look like a better option. Torque steer is manageable however if your driving becomes to0 spirited I could see where this could get one into trouble. I would like to see better sway bars on this car I think it would greatly improve its handling even though it is very good for a two ton car.

Great Ride
By dad7159 on 03/22/10 15:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Although you can buy more premium cars with the price you can't beat the Caddy. I am 50 and do not consider this an old man's car. Drives Great quiet and smooth!

Will buy again
By GARYSL on 09/21/09 17:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my DTS Performance with much trepidation after years of Toyotas and Volvos. After almost 4 years with the exception of the brakes and gas mileage I couldn't be happier. Other than a very minor complaints this car has been exceptional! I have read many complaints about the factory tires and after 37,000. miles mine are just fine with regular rotation and correct pressures I believe they will easily reach 60k. I'll be very happy if they greatly improve gas mileage and add a 6 speed transmission. It's my sincere hope that comfort is not sacrificed for handling as I find the DTS handles extremely well with the various electronic handling augments.

2006 DTS Performance Sedan
By Lloyd on 08/31/08 07:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The DTS is very easy to own and operate requiring minimal maintenance as scheduled. Very good quality car with great performance, ride and features. I love the style as it is an eye turner, many people take a second look as I drive by.

Caddy Got It Right
By caddyman28 on 07/07/08 08:04 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great mileage for a large car 22 mpg with city and highway at 75 with 4 people. All toys of a Lexus at a lot less. Was going to by a new Dodge Charger SE plus for 23k. Did the math and got this car for less, more features with Cadillac CPO until 2012. Handles good, quiet and build quality is good. Caddy is back.

Small Business Owner & Manager
By RTS on 06/23/08 23:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned 5 Cadillac DTS Performance Touring Sedans in the last 8 years. My current DTS is a 2006 with a custom after market "DeLegance" package and I have had hundreds of people make very positive comment on the looks of this automobile. It also gets admiring looks from Mercedes Benz and Lexus owners. This performance edition, although, only rated at 292 H.P. has substantial power and acceleration due to the Northstar engine and performance axle. I special ordered this Caddy with the Tehama Italian leather seats and they are very nice. I am more impressed with this Caddy than any other I have owned. The quality of construction, top notch materials and performance without any problems.

Second Caddy
By Paul on 06/06/08 07:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

After fully enjoying a certified pre-owned Deville, we opted for another certified pre-owned Caddy. This time we traded for a barely used level 4 Performance DTS. This car has almost every option Cadillac makes and has been a joy to drive. At almost half the sticker price with a 6 year/100K warranty, we thought the car was a bargain. It looks no different than an 08!

2006 DTS Performance Sedan
By Lloyd on 06/20/07 06:43 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Awsome vehicle very comfortable with performance and great handling. The Performance edition with the larger engine gives a little extra punch, the ride is much better with the enhanced suspension and ride package, takes bumps and railroad tracks with ease. Brakes very well stops on a dime while holding the road. Navagation system combined with onstar is easy to use and very accurate. Bose soundsystem with centerpoint sounds awsome especially with XM or a CD in play. I am very comfortable in my driver seat for a long drive thanks to 8 way power seats with memory and the cooling and massage features.

Nice Car, but the Exterior Design Needs Help
By stevo on 03/18/07 08:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac DTS Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I started owning Cadillacs in 2000 and loved the exterior design of the DTS models from 2000-2005. I bought a 2006 in anticipation that it would be better, however in my opinion it is worse. It has very shallow cup holders. I have spilled several cups of coffee since owning the car due to this issue. It also is a bit noisy during hard acceleration, but the cruising noise level is fine. It has some torque steer at highway speed when you floor it because it is front wheel drive, which I find annoying. The OnStar system is excellent and the fact that you can use your Verizon cell phone numbers with it is a nice feature.

Problem with Battery Recharger
By wnelson on 03/09/07 06:32 AM (PST)

2006 Cadillac DTS Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My vehicle is 14 months old (5,350 miles) and when driven, it's a dream. However, one day after 11 months of driving, it would not start in mid-town NY. It was then "repaired" by a dealer. One and a half months later, the same thing happened. Again, it was repaired (it took 5 days) by the same dealer. Last night, after midnight (less than 3 months from "Repair Job #2), it wouldn't start again. The motor didn't even turn over. Then, 40 minutes later, it started up! This lack of reliability is insane and is the reason that I'm getting rid of an otherwise great looking/driving automobile.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.