2005 Cadillac DeVille Consumer Review: DeVille DTS

2005 Cadillac DeVille - Consumer Review

DTS Sedan (4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic)

DeVille DTS
By Carleen on

2005 Cadillac DeVille DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I had a 1995 DeVille for 10 years which was better designed, and more comfortable than my 2005 DeVille. The bucket seats sink in the middle, with hard edges - 21 inches from front to back -- pressure on sciatic nerve in right leg causing numbness! The seat belts cuts across my neck (I'm 5'5")creating an irritating hazard. The seat belts and side air bags are attached to the seats (very poor design). This is the most uncomfortable car I've ever owned. Cadillac needs to rethink this design! I'd never have bought it, if I had tried it first. It was purchased from an out of state dealer by my dealer. Dealers were out of cars, due to employee discount. Salesmen didn't know that DTS stood for "sport performance" car. Great for the under 40 6' tall guy.

Handling, very responsive. OnStar. Folding, side view mirrors. Bose sound system. 6 disc CD changer. Front and rear side air bags. Stabilitrak. Regular gas! Telescoping steering wheel. Ultrasonic rear parking assist.

Don't remove the compass from the rear view mirror, just because of the Navigation System! Have to pull off the road and turn engine off to use Navigation System! Eliminate sun roofs in snow country. No one uses them. A potential hazard in a rollover!