2005 Cadillac DeVille Consumer Review: nice car

2005 Cadillac DeVille - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic)

nice car
By david on

2005 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've reviewed comments before buying one. It's true that the cruise control button can be pressed accidentally very easily. It's true that there is a slight whine from the engine, but it's tolerable. The whine becomes imperceptible after a while. After more than 12,000 miles, I have not experienced any problems. The ride is supremely quiet, and the seats are comfortable, although a bit on the firm side (I prefer the seats in my previous Lincoln Mark 8). Acceleration from stop is a bit slow (I used to own a 300ZX turbo), but at certain speeds the acceleration is good. Turning radius a bit wide, but it's a large car. During rainy days, I feel safe in the car. Lots of gadgets in the car.

Very quiet. Comfortable. Like the large space. Like the rear parking assist, the heated steering wheel, the heated and cooled front seats, the stabilitrack which makes me feel safer (although I probably will never use it), etc. These things enhance the comfort level, but they do not make a car great

I wish for more horsepower in the base model, I wish that the dash would be real wood in the base model. The parking disengage should be automatic. I read from other comments that the exterior design could stand a face lift, although I think that the design is still very handsome and striking.