Excessive Vibration
By davertwo on
2005 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
Purchased 3 months ago. Vibration at all speeds. Sometimes excessive. Dealer has put twelve (that's 12) new tires on car. Plus original 4 tires were new. Problem remains. Warning #1 - Do not buy car with cool seat option. They are very uncomfortable compared to normal seats (heated seats OK). Warning # 2 Check via your car VIN to be sure car doesn't have "Stiff suspension option". Apparently a purchase option. Makes for poor rough ride. I hope this helps anyone thinking about buying one of these. I waited for years to finally get one of these cars and I'm stuck with a car that I really don't like to drive.
By jojocaddy
on 09/22/11 17:09 PM (PDT)

I too bought my 05 DTS in June of 2011 and have been through two sets of tires and 6 or 7 force balancing and it still vibrates.Not at all speeds and not all the time but what a disapointment. I got rid of a 98 Deville for this new Caddy and now wish I didnt. That 98 was smoothe as glass. I dont mind the DTS ride but I hate the vibration !! No fix yet. I have a brand new set of michelin tires on there and still the same. Time for a Chevy I guess.......