2005 Cadillac DeVille - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:
First DeVille
By Paul on 07/18/06 10:38 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is our first Cadillac. We purchased it as a certified pre-owned car at a reasonable price. The warranty and the car have more than exceeded our expectations.

Eighth Cadillac for an Old Fan
By rixrox on 04/25/06 18:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My Cadillac number eight is a pearl white STD edition. It is simply elegant and has ample horsepower. It is a great snow car and it is a nice trip for my ego. I never feel bad in my DeVille. What a wonderful American dream car! It's my love affair and it's be going on for awhile. I really never get tired of owning Cadillacs. Test drive a few of them to find the one that calls your name!

if i could do it again
By frank on 03/15/06 18:49 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I was looking for a comfortable car as I travel extensively. When I first sat in my DeVille I thought " this is the car". After a short test drive I purchased. Now that I have owned it for two weeks, I would give it back if I could. The front seat are totally uncomfortable. No matter how I set my power seats, I cannot get past the lack of back support. On the highway, I am continually making corrections to my steering due to "floating". I like the appearance, but there are better cars out there. I wish I had purchased the Avalon!

My DTS
By Richard Geiger on 02/01/06 11:45 AM (PST)

2005 Cadillac DeVille DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my third Cadillac in a row. I have had others in the past. I am very happy to own and drive this car.

DeVille DTS
By Carleen on 09/07/05 16:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac DeVille DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I had a 1995 DeVille for 10 years which was better designed, and more comfortable than my 2005 DeVille. The bucket seats sink in the middle, with hard edges - 21 inches from front to back -- pressure on sciatic nerve in right leg causing numbness! The seat belts cuts across my neck (I'm 5'5")creating an irritating hazard. The seat belts and side air bags are attached to the seats (very poor design). This is the most uncomfortable car I've ever owned. Cadillac needs to rethink this design! I'd never have bought it, if I had tried it first. It was purchased from an out of state dealer by my dealer. Dealers were out of cars, due to employee discount. Salesmen didn't know that DTS stood for "sport performance" car. Great for the under 40 6' tall guy.

Great Car Again
By Jack on 08/24/05 16:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac DeVille DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Owned a 2000 and bought this at the employee price. Only reason to change. A great ride, comfort and safety. Sorry the name is disappearing in 2006.

Excellent Cruiser
By Cadillacboi82 on 08/20/05 00:08 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac DeVille DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've only had this car for 2 weeks and Im loving it. I'm 23 years old and had 2 other Cadillacs,a 1993 Eldorado Touring and 1997 Seville STS. I loved both, but not as much as my 2005 DTS. I've had it custom made with power folding mirrors, a power rear sunshade, adaptive cruise control, xenon headlamps with intellibeam, and adaptive remote start. This luxury liner cost me near $72,000, but it was worth every cent. It drives great and filters out the bumps on the New York City streets. It is quiet, roomy, and gives great gas mileage for a V8. I got it in white lightning exterior paint. I'm gonna keep it for a looong time.

2005 Cadillac DeVille Limited
By Im4Wine on 08/17/05 11:27 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car is a dream to drive. Even though I have only had it for 2 months, I have taken it on several trips out of town. The city mileage could use some help. The only complaint I have is with the poor design of the seatbelts. I am a short person (5'5") and I find that the seatbelt hits me across the neck. It is not adjustable, as it comes out of the top side of the seats. They work fine for my husband, but he is 6'4". In other cars we have owned, you had a slide feature to raise or lower the seatbelt. I have raised my seat, but that is not enough to help. This could be a safety issue if you are in an accident. Other than that I love my DeVille.

2005 Dream Car
By 2005 blessing on 07/30/05 08:18 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My Caddy handles great on the road. It has better gas mileage than my previous Buick Regal. It is very roomy and glides on the bumps. I can accelerate and take the curves. I have made 2 long distance trips. Chicago to Atlanta and Chicago to New Orleans. It was comfortable. The New Orleans trip had 4 adult and one child. It was roomy.

Favorite Car
By Steve on 07/13/05 13:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Excellent reliability and great dealer service. Even a grease and oil change gets a complete wash and vacuum at no charge. Ride is quiet and smooth. Excellent power especially for a large vehicle. OnStar is great. Gas mileage is very good city / highway averages 24.9 and straight highway at 70 - 75mph is 29.6.