2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:
Oil burners
By Paul Zobel on 03/16/10 18:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

After purchasing our third Cad I am just as disappointed in the area of engine reliability that it makes me sick. The engine is now burning oil to the tune of a quart every 100 miles or so. I have found other owners who have the same complaint and it looks like I will have to take it in for an overhaul. It only has 45,000 miles on it and yet it uses this much oil. There is no leakage nor smoking that I can see. I don't think we will ever buy another Cadillac.

Love my Caddy !
By skates186 on 07/04/08 05:25 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my fourth Cadillac, all bought used, and this is just about the best one. I got it with 16,000 miles on it, and it drives and looks like the day it rolled off the showroom floor. The price was great ($ 18,500 on a car that stickered for approx $57k 3 years ago), partially due to it not being the most recent body style, but it has every option with the exception of navigation. American cars have really come a long way, and I hope that more people will start to realize it and not choose foreign solely because of the prestige factor.

Very nice
By very nice on 06/26/07 06:37 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Nice car for the price. It is a large sedan and handles well for that category. Nice ride and features. Surprised that stabilitrak is not standard on the so called DHS. Plastic pieces seem rather cheaply manufactured. But overall still very much like this vehicle and would certainly buy again.

Great Car Again
By Jack on 08/24/05 16:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Owned a 2000 and bought this at the employee price. Only reason to change. A great ride, comfort and safety. Sorry the name is disappearing in 2006.

The Most Uncomfortable Caddy I Ever Owne
By e.s.jursek on 06/20/05 10:20 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The driver's seat is extremely poorly designed. I am 5'11" and I cannot get comfortable in the seat. The seat does not rise high enough for me to see well over the dash. The back of my seat periodically folds back to a horizontal position without my desiring it to do so. This is my 5th Caddy and, by far, it is the worst I ever owned. The driver's seat belt root is too far in the midline so that when you want to strap yourself in you find that your back is laying on the belt and you have to twist yourself to get it. As an older driver (77 y.o.) this is a contortion that is uncomfortable. The gear shift indicators are too small and almost impossible to read.

owner
By dhs on 05/07/05 11:38 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The car will stop running and everything shuts down even the OnStar. I get no help from the dealer or GM. The car has been towed in 5 times. Also when the trunk is opened you can smell battery acid. I am very unhappy with this car and will never buy another GM product.

Overall, an excellent car
By Richard J. C. on 04/30/05 12:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've got about 9,500 miles on my 2004 DHS. It's very powerful so it accelerates onto freeway with absolutely no problem. It's ride is a little firm - but maybe that is why the handling is so good. It's very secure in turns. I feel safe and comfortable in this car. All the bells and whistles work well. MY complaint is that you can't program the navigation system when the car is moving. So if you're on the freeway, you have to pull off if you want to impute a destination. My mileage - in city driving only (I've never taken it more than 70 miles from home) is about 17 to 18. If I use the freeways much, I'm usually in the 18 - 19 mpg range - which I consider excellent for a car this big.

Luxury, handling, performance....
By Tots on 03/18/05 10:31 AM (PST)

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

When I purchased my 2005 Cadillac DeVille I wasn't sure if I was making the correct decision, but after having it for the past two years it has been a blast. The car has had no problems. Cadillac has really caught up to other luxury brands in terms of style, functionality, speed, performace, and luxury....way to go

Deville Highluxury Sedan
By Jeffrey M. on 01/05/05 17:21 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Wow, what a car!!! This is my 4th Cadillac and they keep getting better and better. I will never own anything but a Cadillac.

Very nice car
By Richard Chrystie on 12/02/04 01:32 AM (PST)

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Very nice car. Rides well. Very powerful. Excellent handling. Great looking. Not too big, not too small.