2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:
I love my car!
By Phillip on 11/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought our 2005 DTS in 2008 with only 35000 miles. Certified Used. We love this car, big, comfortable, and good gas mileage for a tank of this size (around 26 on the highway and 19 in the city) DTS has the tighter suspension and is very agile and doesn't feel like my grandmothers "floating" DeVille. Im a tall guy at 6ft1in and it gives me plenty of room while doing the same for the rear seat passengers. Has every option and gadget and I love it. Our next Car will be a DTS!

1st caddy
By chrisptown on 06/18/10 17:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

purch. cert. used. 1st caddy. the only drawback and it's a big one is the seats. Watch if you're buying with cooled seats, they are very firm, and the leather trim is quite low quality. the upscale DTS DHS have softer leather.

Learned lesson after 5th Cadillac
By Dick on 05/15/10 15:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Of the five Caddilacs I have had, two bles engines at 60,000 to 80000 miles. It is a great car on the freeway. This is my last, as soon as I can get rid ofr it. Mye 2000 lexus, 300, has only had tires and brakes at 88,000 miles. Goodby Cadillac.

Oil burners
By Paul Zobel on 03/16/10 18:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

After purchasing our third Cad I am just as disappointed in the area of engine reliability that it makes me sick. The engine is now burning oil to the tune of a quart every 100 miles or so. I have found other owners who have the same complaint and it looks like I will have to take it in for an overhaul. It only has 45,000 miles on it and yet it uses this much oil. There is no leakage nor smoking that I can see. I don't think we will ever buy another Cadillac.

American Dream
By merlincat on 01/21/09 16:08 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought out of an estate sale with only 24k on it. Virtually new 4 year old car. It's every thing a Caddy should be. Heavy, big, roomy, plush, and you can get 4 bodies in the trunk.It gives you that aaahhhh feeling at 80 floating down the interstate. She gets almost 29 mi/gal on cruise at 80 and that's in the Rockies at 7000 ft! So sad the big Caddys are going away for BMW size posers. I imagine they are fine cars but the American dream sled will be another thing we Americans did really well and quit. Got caught in a Colorado blizzard and the heavy 350 sitting over the front wheel drive made her move like an Abrahms tank through the snow. Amazing. If you can find a clean one, buy it!

Excessive Vibration
By davertwo on 11/26/08 17:01 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased 3 months ago. Vibration at all speeds. Sometimes excessive. Dealer has put twelve (that's 12) new tires on car. Plus original 4 tires were new. Problem remains. Warning #1 - Do not buy car with cool seat option. They are very uncomfortable compared to normal seats (heated seats OK). Warning # 2 Check via your car VIN to be sure car doesn't have "Stiff suspension option". Apparently a purchase option. Makes for poor rough ride. I hope this helps anyone thinking about buying one of these. I waited for years to finally get one of these cars and I'm stuck with a car that I really don't like to drive.

Love my Caddy !
By skates186 on 07/04/08 05:25 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my fourth Cadillac, all bought used, and this is just about the best one. I got it with 16,000 miles on it, and it drives and looks like the day it rolled off the showroom floor. The price was great ($ 18,500 on a car that stickered for approx $57k 3 years ago), partially due to it not being the most recent body style, but it has every option with the exception of navigation. American cars have really come a long way, and I hope that more people will start to realize it and not choose foreign solely because of the prestige factor.

2005 CADILLAC REVIEW
By K.Hess on 05/01/08 12:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 5th Cadillac. I love the cars. They are great, reliable and attractive. I will never forget sitting in my first cadillac for the first time. I was in heaven. The seats were so comfortable. My currect caddy is a 2005 cadillac sedan deville. The seats are so uncomfortable I can hardly drive it for long periods of time. My lease is up in December and I want another cadillac but not if the seats are as hard as my 2005. They should make them like they did in 1992.

Worth keeping
By Warner Dauphinee on 02/04/08 10:14 AM (PST)

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 6th Cadillac and 2nd DTS. It is the best one yet. All the bugs have been worked out in this model and I am almost afraid to get the new design. I have 46,000 miles on this and it rides like a new one.

Very nice
By very nice on 06/26/07 06:37 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Nice car for the price. It is a large sedan and handles well for that category. Nice ride and features. Surprised that stabilitrak is not standard on the so called DHS. Plastic pieces seem rather cheaply manufactured. But overall still very much like this vehicle and would certainly buy again.

1 2 3 4 5 next »