Used 2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan Consumer Reviews - 45 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

Nice car. Runs great so far.
By David Worthington

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The used car prices are about 1,000 more then KKB or Edmunds states. It is a beautiful car, but it is 12 years old. I would recommend this car.

I love my car!
By Phillip

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought our 2005 DTS in 2008 with only 35000 miles. Certified Used. We love this car, big, comfortable, and good gas mileage for a tank of this size (around 26 on the highway and 19 in the city) DTS has the tighter suspension and is very agile and doesn't feel like my grandmothers "floating" DeVille. Im a tall guy at 6ft1in and it gives me plenty of room while doing the same for the rear seat passengers. Has every option and gadget and I love it. Our next Car will be a DTS!

Heated/cooled seats,heated steering wheel, ultra-sonic park assist,Bose Sound System, Rolling Lumbar, Northstar Engine, Power everything,regular gas, OnStar is great! SHES FAST AND BEAUTIFUL!

Could be a little less roomy and comfortable so that on road trips all our friends wouldn't want to cruise along. I do wish they were rear wheel drive. Also wish they had the power sunshades like the DHS!

1st caddy
By chrisptown

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

purch. cert. used. 1st caddy. the only drawback and it's a big one is the seats. Watch if you're buying with cooled seats, they are very firm, and the leather trim is quite low quality. the upscale DTS DHS have softer leather.

sound system--XM-on Star, hands free phone.

seats need to reflect the price of the vehicle.

Learned lesson after 5th Cadillac
By Dick

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Of the five Caddilacs I have had, two bles engines at 60,000 to 80000 miles. It is a great car on the freeway. This is my last, as soon as I can get rid ofr it. Mye 2000 lexus, 300, has only had tires and brakes at 88,000 miles. Goodby Cadillac.

Same al all new luxury cars, but slightly behind innovation

North Star engine is not what it is purported to be.

Oil burners
By Paul Zobel

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

After purchasing our third Cad I am just as disappointed in the area of engine reliability that it makes me sick. The engine is now burning oil to the tune of a quart every 100 miles or so. I have found other owners who have the same complaint and it looks like I will have to take it in for an overhaul. It only has 45,000 miles on it and yet it uses this much oil. There is no leakage nor smoking that I can see. I don't think we will ever buy another Cadillac.