Used 2005 Cadillac DeVille DHS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Cadillac Deville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

Oil burners
By Paul Zobel

2005 Cadillac DeVille DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

After purchasing our third Cad I am just as disappointed in the area of engine reliability that it makes me sick. The engine is now burning oil to the tune of a quart every 100 miles or so. I have found other owners who have the same complaint and it looks like I will have to take it in for an overhaul. It only has 45,000 miles on it and yet it uses this much oil. There is no leakage nor smoking that I can see. I don't think we will ever buy another Cadillac.

Love my Caddy !
By skates186

2005 Cadillac DeVille DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my fourth Cadillac, all bought used, and this is just about the best one. I got it with 16,000 miles on it, and it drives and looks like the day it rolled off the showroom floor. The price was great ($ 18,500 on a car that stickered for approx $57k 3 years ago), partially due to it not being the most recent body style, but it has every option with the exception of navigation. American cars have really come a long way, and I hope that more people will start to realize it and not choose foreign solely because of the prestige factor.

Favorite Features

Well-controlled ride and comfort, heated/cooled seats, fuel economy (that's right, 28 MPG on the highway with a V-8!), beautiful White Lightning paint, build quality.

Suggested Improvements

none

Very nice
By very nice

2005 Cadillac DeVille DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Nice car for the price. It is a large sedan and handles well for that category. Nice ride and features. Surprised that stabilitrak is not standard on the so called DHS. Plastic pieces seem rather cheaply manufactured. But overall still very much like this vehicle and would certainly buy again.

Favorite Features

Northstar V8, memory seats and mirrors

Suggested Improvements

Better quality manufacturing and more standard features

Great Car Again
By Jack

2005 Cadillac DeVille DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Owned a 2000 and bought this at the employee price. Only reason to change. A great ride, comfort and safety. Sorry the name is disappearing in 2006.

Favorite Features

AC Seating, Moon roof, and sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Rally can not think of anything that it lacks.

The Most Uncomfortable Caddy I Ever Owne
By e.s.jursek

2005 Cadillac DeVille DHS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The driver's seat is extremely poorly designed. I am 5'11" and I cannot get comfortable in the seat. The seat does not rise high enough for me to see well over the dash. The back of my seat periodically folds back to a horizontal position without my desiring it to do so. This is my 5th Caddy and, by far, it is the worst I ever owned. The driver's seat belt root is too far in the midline so that when you want to strap yourself in you find that your back is laying on the belt and you have to twist yourself to get it. As an older driver (77 y.o.) this is a contortion that is uncomfortable. The gear shift indicators are too small and almost impossible to read.

Suggested Improvements

Buy a Lincoln Town Car - of which I had two and they certainly were better designed.