2005 Cadillac DeVille - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:
1st caddy
By chrisptown on 06/18/10 17:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

purch. cert. used. 1st caddy. the only drawback and it's a big one is the seats. Watch if you're buying with cooled seats, they are very firm, and the leather trim is quite low quality. the upscale DTS DHS have softer leather.

Learned lesson after 5th Cadillac
By Dick on 05/15/10 15:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Of the five Caddilacs I have had, two bles engines at 60,000 to 80000 miles. It is a great car on the freeway. This is my last, as soon as I can get rid ofr it. Mye 2000 lexus, 300, has only had tires and brakes at 88,000 miles. Goodby Cadillac.

American Dream
By merlincat on 01/21/09 16:08 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought out of an estate sale with only 24k on it. Virtually new 4 year old car. It's every thing a Caddy should be. Heavy, big, roomy, plush, and you can get 4 bodies in the trunk.It gives you that aaahhhh feeling at 80 floating down the interstate. She gets almost 29 mi/gal on cruise at 80 and that's in the Rockies at 7000 ft! So sad the big Caddys are going away for BMW size posers. I imagine they are fine cars but the American dream sled will be another thing we Americans did really well and quit. Got caught in a Colorado blizzard and the heavy 350 sitting over the front wheel drive made her move like an Abrahms tank through the snow. Amazing. If you can find a clean one, buy it!

Excessive Vibration
By davertwo on 11/26/08 17:01 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased 3 months ago. Vibration at all speeds. Sometimes excessive. Dealer has put twelve (that's 12) new tires on car. Plus original 4 tires were new. Problem remains. Warning #1 - Do not buy car with cool seat option. They are very uncomfortable compared to normal seats (heated seats OK). Warning # 2 Check via your car VIN to be sure car doesn't have "Stiff suspension option". Apparently a purchase option. Makes for poor rough ride. I hope this helps anyone thinking about buying one of these. I waited for years to finally get one of these cars and I'm stuck with a car that I really don't like to drive.

2005 CADILLAC REVIEW
By K.Hess on 05/01/08 12:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 5th Cadillac. I love the cars. They are great, reliable and attractive. I will never forget sitting in my first cadillac for the first time. I was in heaven. The seats were so comfortable. My currect caddy is a 2005 cadillac sedan deville. The seats are so uncomfortable I can hardly drive it for long periods of time. My lease is up in December and I want another cadillac but not if the seats are as hard as my 2005. They should make them like they did in 1992.

First DeVille
By Paul on 07/18/06 10:38 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is our first Cadillac. We purchased it as a certified pre-owned car at a reasonable price. The warranty and the car have more than exceeded our expectations.

Eighth Cadillac for an Old Fan
By rixrox on 04/25/06 18:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My Cadillac number eight is a pearl white STD edition. It is simply elegant and has ample horsepower. It is a great snow car and it is a nice trip for my ego. I never feel bad in my DeVille. What a wonderful American dream car! It's my love affair and it's be going on for awhile. I really never get tired of owning Cadillacs. Test drive a few of them to find the one that calls your name!

if i could do it again
By frank on 03/15/06 18:49 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I was looking for a comfortable car as I travel extensively. When I first sat in my DeVille I thought " this is the car". After a short test drive I purchased. Now that I have owned it for two weeks, I would give it back if I could. The front seat are totally uncomfortable. No matter how I set my power seats, I cannot get past the lack of back support. On the highway, I am continually making corrections to my steering due to "floating". I like the appearance, but there are better cars out there. I wish I had purchased the Avalon!

2005 Cadillac DeVille Limited
By Im4Wine on 08/17/05 11:27 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car is a dream to drive. Even though I have only had it for 2 months, I have taken it on several trips out of town. The city mileage could use some help. The only complaint I have is with the poor design of the seatbelts. I am a short person (5'5") and I find that the seatbelt hits me across the neck. It is not adjustable, as it comes out of the top side of the seats. They work fine for my husband, but he is 6'4". In other cars we have owned, you had a slide feature to raise or lower the seatbelt. I have raised my seat, but that is not enough to help. This could be a safety issue if you are in an accident. Other than that I love my DeVille.

2005 Dream Car
By 2005 blessing on 07/30/05 08:18 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My Caddy handles great on the road. It has better gas mileage than my previous Buick Regal. It is very roomy and glides on the bumps. I can accelerate and take the curves. I have made 2 long distance trips. Chicago to Atlanta and Chicago to New Orleans. It was comfortable. The New Orleans trip had 4 adult and one child. It was roomy.