Used 2005 Cadillac DeVille Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Cadillac Deville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

1st caddy
By chrisptown

2005 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

purch. cert. used. 1st caddy. the only drawback and it's a big one is the seats. Watch if you're buying with cooled seats, they are very firm, and the leather trim is quite low quality. the upscale DTS DHS have softer leather.

Favorite Features

sound system--XM-on Star, hands free phone.

Suggested Improvements

seats need to reflect the price of the vehicle.

Learned lesson after 5th Cadillac
By Dick

2005 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Of the five Caddilacs I have had, two bles engines at 60,000 to 80000 miles. It is a great car on the freeway. This is my last, as soon as I can get rid ofr it. Mye 2000 lexus, 300, has only had tires and brakes at 88,000 miles. Goodby Cadillac.

Favorite Features

Same al all new luxury cars, but slightly behind innovation

Suggested Improvements

North Star engine is not what it is purported to be.

American Dream
By merlincat

2005 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought out of an estate sale with only 24k on it. Virtually new 4 year old car. It's every thing a Caddy should be. Heavy, big, roomy, plush, and you can get 4 bodies in the trunk.It gives you that aaahhhh feeling at 80 floating down the interstate. She gets almost 29 mi/gal on cruise at 80 and that's in the Rockies at 7000 ft! So sad the big Caddys are going away for BMW size posers. I imagine they are fine cars but the American dream sled will be another thing we Americans did really well and quit. Got caught in a Colorado blizzard and the heavy 350 sitting over the front wheel drive made her move like an Abrahms tank through the snow. Amazing. If you can find a clean one, buy it!

Favorite Features

A car that is quite relaxing to drive. Even the non Bose stereo is outstanding. Four guys, all over 6 feet tall, 600 miles in a day. Didn't even have to move my seat forward.Ergonomics are unbeatable. Ultimate roadtrip vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

There is only one thing I would change. Those big bulbous headlight nacells make her look a little like a praying mantis from the front. All other lines are so clean, elegant, and tasteful.

Excessive Vibration
By davertwo

2005 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased 3 months ago. Vibration at all speeds. Sometimes excessive. Dealer has put twelve (that's 12) new tires on car. Plus original 4 tires were new. Problem remains. Warning #1 - Do not buy car with cool seat option. They are very uncomfortable compared to normal seats (heated seats OK). Warning # 2 Check via your car VIN to be sure car doesn't have "Stiff suspension option". Apparently a purchase option. Makes for poor rough ride. I hope this helps anyone thinking about buying one of these. I waited for years to finally get one of these cars and I'm stuck with a car that I really don't like to drive.

2005 CADILLAC REVIEW
By K.Hess

2005 Cadillac DeVille 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 5th Cadillac. I love the cars. They are great, reliable and attractive. I will never forget sitting in my first cadillac for the first time. I was in heaven. The seats were so comfortable. My currect caddy is a 2005 cadillac sedan deville. The seats are so uncomfortable I can hardly drive it for long periods of time. My lease is up in December and I want another cadillac but not if the seats are as hard as my 2005. They should make them like they did in 1992.

Favorite Features

style, reliability, cloth top

Suggested Improvements

Please make the front seats softer so I can buy another Cadillac